e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December 2011 General Disc/Obs

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that isn't going to change...we can't expect the ATL to help us...even worse is the pos height anomaly off the maritimes...the pattern is quick....we need the trough to close off in a way that won't hurt us...good luck to us!!

DT isnt even following his own eastern snowstorm rules. But this is all we have right now and its better than the severe blowtorch forecasted by Donald Sutherland for jan 1-7

Yes but can't this very easily become a cutter if the ridge sets up to far west.

I don't think that is likely. Possible but not likely. IMO- our biggest enemy would be for the trough to end up not being sharp enough and having anything of interest shear out and quietly move ots to our south. What the euro shows is a standard +pna. It really stinks that the atl refuses to cooperate. Everything has to be placed and timed just right without a -nao. I hate that part of the setup.

How much snow did you guys get? Figured it had to be at least a foot based on the posts of some in that region crowing about the "white Christmas."

I saw like 22 snowflakes.

What a terrible flight...

I don't think that is likely. Possible but not likely. IMO- our biggest enemy would be for the trough to end up not being sharp enough and having anything of interest shear out and quietly move ots to our south. What the euro shows is a standard +pna. It really stinks that the atl refuses to cooperate. Everything has to be placed and timed just right without a -nao. I hate that part of the setup.

I will take that over a cutter any day, and even if this does not pan out it is just exciting to have something legitimate to track after this disaster of a December. Deep down though all of us are praying it threads the needle.

Archived