amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
December 3-4 Upper Midwest Snow Event

digitizedmind75

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed the 12z Euro seems to be ejecting the energy left behind in the Southwest and producing a storm in the OV/GL area around Tuesday/Wednesday of next week.

we are talking about it some in the main Dec thread, some of the GFS ensembles are hinting at it as well. It will be something to watch, especially if the trends towards a quicker and further west ejection of the lead wave continues.

For snow lovers and a quick change to a winter pattern this would be welcome news and not unlike how the pattern evolved each of the last few Decembers. One wave after another sliding along the arctic boundary depositing snow further south and east. Great fear would be mega storm heading into upper lakes and a strong surge of cold pushing rapidly south leaving everyone cold and dry.

At the same time it's the 18z NAM. I'm pretty sure this won't trend SE, but it is possible guidance will maintain the general track, even if the NAM has occasional extra amped runs.

sure but it's been trending this way for quite a few runs now, so it's worth noting.

chicago torches on this run, temps nearing 50. make that 55

By the end of the run, it sure looks like a second storm would be possible from the leftover SW vort, these rarely deliver but a nice piece is left over, the gulf never gets completely shut off and there is a raging piece coming down out of cananda (110-120 kts).

Going by the weatherunderground snowfall loop, there's 2 rounds about 2 days apart but northern IN gets very little if anything from either round.

Ya, hard to say but to me it looks like most of Indiana gets in on some snow albeit light. I bet it would add up to 1-3 inches over a day or two. Considering its so far out I wouldnt worry to much about the specifics. Hopefully we will see a trend towards a more wound up solution. Right now the Euro shows 2 rounds of heavier snows affecting SE Ind. and Western Ohio.

NAM looks to be coming in cooler up to this point. At least above the surface.

really dumps from north central kansas up through eastern nebraska into northwest iowa.

initial wave craps the bed as it heads further into Wisconsin and the front stalls out well south dropping a ton of rain.

Archived