e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
NYC Banter and BS Thread Part IV

TheTrials

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How have these models faired for todays & this weeks weather going back 240?

although that probably is a nice to know, I'm not sure the logic works like that with the models.. it could go on a horrible stretch for a period of time and then go on an OK stretch... depends on what is happening globally at any given period of time... what we can say with a little more certainty is that a blocking pattern is a good time to go with persistance and I would generally expect a bit more stability and consensus with that type of regime, but this is not the case.. we have a pretty dyamic type of flow going on here... one thump anywhere is just gonna throw it in total disarray.

I am looking at some data. Ok, the cold shots are going to be transient in the near future but who knows what the hell is going to happen by mid to late December. No point in cancelling December and winter right now. A lot of people did the same thing last year and looked what happened on Dec 26. I know the NAO and AO were already negative but who knows, it might go negative by that time again. Patience my friend ( just like DT said this morning )

Anthony... December 2009 and 2010 had a huge west based block along with ridgiing out west (classic downstream ridgiing during that month). We do not have thing close to it in 2011.

We will wait until probably January or whenever....

The global GFS ensembles don't really show any sense of -NAO.. the heights are pretty low across Greenland and around that whole general area. The ridge out in the Pacific just sits in the same spot.. and in the wrong spot

At least it doesn't show any warmth in the longe range :)

Archived