CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November through Early December Obs/banter

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naples..... have they finished the damned roadwork yet?

Its getting there, Trust me it will be a whole lot better without the swing bridge, It sucked balls when it opened every two hours if you got caught in the bridge opening, Just click on the camera at the lower right and you can pan the causeway and Long Lake.........

Rick's Cafe Web Cam

Its getting there, Trust me it will be a whole lot better without the swing bridge, It sucked balls when it opened every two hours if you got caught in the bridge opening, Just click on the camera at the lower right and you can pan the causeway and Long Lake.........

Rick's Cafe Web Cam

That bridge blows. Need to have the GTG at Bray's.

Jeff I get the feeling you and a bunch of us would jell together just great. We should plan a weekend camping trip, you pick the spot, we can all bring the spouses ,Party all weekend.

Without a doubt, We all seem to share similar inetrest, Eating, Drinking, Talking weather, And did i mention drinking? There are plenty of places to camp up this way for a weekend and have a good time.. :thumbsup:

If you like NH, You would love Maine, Winni is very busy, A lot of people and a lot going on, Sebago is to a certain extent not as many places to eat though, Its a lot busier at the causeway on Long Lake/Brandy pond, Thats where all the restaurants and bars are, But there are several smaller lakes and ponds that are quiet in this same area that you can visit and some very remote ones not that far away..

For quiet paddling on a really big lake, I'd suggest Flagstaff, with its awesome views of Bigelow. Despite having good access at both ends, it doesn't attract all that much use. It's an artificial impoundment (water storage for hydro at Wyman Dam, and current FERC permit minimizes summertime drawdown, fortunately) with lots of shallow water that can't offer much of a coldwater fishery, so the trout/salmon crowd goes elsewhere. Secondly, the land clearing 65 yr ago was incomplete, such that there's always driftwood floating around, and shallows plus stumps can be lethal to lower units. Thus the speedboats also stay away, and one usually needn't go far from the launch spot to be all alone on 20,000 acres.

High speeds on the St. John could be more excitement than is desired. As you probably know, that river often freezes full of pressure ridges and ice piles, such that 100 mph might result in a treetop view.

And just to be picky, there's not much chance of sleds speeding on the St. John's River - kinda warm there. :whistle:

For quiet paddling on a really big lake, I'd suggest Flagstaff, with its awesome views of Bigelow. Despite having good access at both ends, it doesn't attract all that much use. It's an artificial impoundment (water storage for hydro at Wyman Dam, and current FERC permit minimizes summertime drawdown, fortunately) with lots of shallow water that can't offer much of a coldwater fishery, so the trout/salmon crowd goes elsewhere. Secondly, the land clearing 65 yr ago was incomplete, such that there's always driftwood floating around, and shallows plus stumps can be lethal to lower units. Thus the speedboats also stay away, and one usually needn't go far from the launch spot to be all alone on 20,000 acres.

High speeds on the St. John could be more excitement than is desired. As you probably know, that river often freezes full of pressure ridges and ice piles, such that 100 mph might result in a treetop view.

And just to be picky, there's not much chance of sleds speeding on the St. John's River - kinda warm there. :whistle:

Very familiar with Flagstaff Lake and the whole Rangely Lakes region, Beautiful country up there and i stay in Eustis often, Its not the St John's river i ride but the rail bed that runs along the St John's, Flagstaff is about as dangerous as it gets as well with the open wather and pressure ridges in the winter, I hate riding any body of water truthfully, Avoid them as much as possible, But when in doub't throttle out is the motto..

I seriously walked out of the gym and began sweating....in late November. I know it's not 90 out, but when you body temp is already warm..usually in late November you cool off pretty quick..lol.

My thermo got knocked over, but I'm pretty sure I came close to..... if not hit 70 today.

We need to get this cuttoff and front thru here, This weather blows chunks

I seriously walked out of the gym and began sweating....in late November. I know it's not 90 out, but when you body temp is already warm..usually in late November you cool off pretty quick..lol.

My thermo got knocked over, but I'm pretty sure I came close to..... if not hit 70 today.

Got to 65 here....I had the same feeling walking to my car in Springfield. It honestly feels like a summer evening out there. I wish there was still some daylight and I'd fire up the grill!

Archived