Newest Member
    CHSVol
Late November through Early December Obs/banter

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will love it again in a few years...lol

We DVR'd about a million Christmas specials in the last week. We have Rudolph on DVD...ain't the same.

I still watch it...lol.

I remember that was on the night of the Dec '92 snowstorm. Don't ask me how the hell I remember that, but I think I was pumped to have a big snowstorm and watching Rudolph.

And i hope thats where it ends what a god awful month that was

Probably the worst month of winter I ever experienced here. Dec '99 might have beaten it if I was home but I was a freshman out in Ithaca, NY and we saw some LES that month.

Dec 2006 probably beats out January 1992 as the worst winter month I've ever experienced here.

Some snow falling over Indiana and Michigan into Ohio on the backside of that cutoff low..

Nice deformation band running from N IN into C MI. Lansing just reported 2" in the last hour with 4" on the ground with 1/4SM +SN. They have quite a bit more to go too. The forecasts for 3-5" for that area seemed low to me this afternoon.

Probably the worst month of winter I ever experienced here. Dec '99 might have beaten it if I was home but I was a freshman out in Ithaca, NY and we saw some LES that month.

Dec 2006 probably beats out January 1992 as the worst winter month I've ever experienced here.

1st part of Jan of 07 was not that good either but it came around..

Nice deformation band running from N IN into C MI. Lansing just reported 2" in the last hour with 4" on the ground with 1/4SM +SN. They have quite a bit more to go too. The forecasts for 3-5" for that area seemed low to me this afternoon.

Unfortunately, We are on the other side with that slug of +RN moving up from the SE.... :axe:

1st part of Jan of 07 was not that good either but it came around..

Jan '07 is up there...top 5 probably. Terrible month. It got cold at the end, but we still only had like 3" of snow. I think Maine got in on a norlun around the 20th of that month...I seem to recall someone getting like 10"...we had a light fluffy inch or two here.

Jan '07 is up there...top 5 probably. Terrible month. It got cold at the end, but we still only had like 3" of snow. I think Maine got in on a norlun around the 20th of that month...I seem to recall someone getting like 10"...we had a light fluffy inch or two here.

We can do without another repeat of that winter, The lakes that are usually frozen by that time up here were still ice free that January which i had never seen or heard of in my 54 yrs here

If it weren't for that last minute St Patty storm.....

'06-'07 was an absolute toaster bath for me. It became comical.

For the most part, It was over as far as recreation goes up here as the freeze was to late and the snowfall was awful, It was a bad season for the winter economy up here

If it weren't for that last minute St Patty storm.....

'06-'07 was an absolute toaster bath for me. It became comical.

We played catch up enough in the 2nd half that the winter ended up being better than several others of the past 25 years...but that Dec/Jan combo was so brutally terrible. We still finished with just under 50" of snow which is better than '99-'00, '01-'02, 98-'99, '94-'95 and the early 90s nooses winters.

'94-'95 is still the worst winter for me. '88-'89 sometimes I hate more...they are like 1A and 1B for the worst winters I've experienced. But no single month is worse than December 2006 IMHO.

We played catch up enough in the 2nd half that the winter ended up being better than several others of the past 25 years...but that Dec/Jan combo was so brutally terrible. We still finished with just under 50" of snow which is better than '99-'00, '01-'02, 98-'99, '94-'95 and the early 90s nooses winters.

'94-'95 is still the worst winter for me. '88-'89 sometimes I hate more...they are like 1A and 1B for the worst winters I've experienced. But no single month is worse than December 2006 IMHO.

Yeah '94-95' was bad, but at least we had a great wintry stretch in terms of cold after that Feb storm. I think that was bad in terms of anomalies for ORH.

Who would have known the week of March 17th to the 25th would be most of my seasonal snow. That was 2006-2007 winter right there....lol.

Archived