joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday 12/12 Rainstorm OBS

CT Rain

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27.8/24 here with moon and some stars still showing so we should be able to shave a few degrees still in the N. Valley.

I'm actually getting a little more confident /excited in a decent, albeit short lived slug of winter precip around here. Gonna' get up at dawn with the dog and hopefully it's ripping something white.

First WWA of the season. :thumbsup:

:snowman:

I want to see a civil emergency on the Box site someday

IAC059-120200-

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

CIVIL EMERGENCY MESSAGE

DICKINSON COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT

RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SIOUX FALLS SD

446 PM CST SAT DEC 11 2010

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE

DICKINSON COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT.

ABSOLUTELY NO TRAVEL IN DICKINSON COUNTY TONIGHT. THE IOWA

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION IS PULLING ALL REMAINING PLOWS AT 5

PM FOR THE REST OF TONIGHT. ALL RURAL ROADS ARE OR SOON WILL BE

IMPASSIBLE. CITY STREETS ARE ALSO IMPASSIBLE. VISIBILITY IS DOWN

TO ZERO IN RURAL AREAS AND LITTLE IMPROVEMENT IN CONDITIONS IS

EXPECTED OVERNIGHT. RESCUE OF ANY STRANDED INDIVIDUALS TONIGHT MAY

BE IMPOSSIBLE. IF YOU DO BECOME STRANDED...STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.

$$

That's a crazy statement to read. This is one of the few couple days I wish I were back at headquarters in Cedar Rapids. Fun stuff.

Meanwhile, temp dropping slowly on the hill. 29.4/23. At least for the western zones, there's nothing remotely interestering about winds.: 15-25mph is what's being called for. What's everyone seeing that's not in the forecast?

LOL, The losing streak is getting to everyone. What's a snow lover to do? Take the advice of Don Corleone " You can act like a Man!!!"

Nahhh. I'm fine with everything. Just bored with cold, rain, cold, rain, cold

I've already skied more this fall than before Dec of last year when there was natural snow... we have had some flakes, there have been setbacks, but it is only Dec 11.

I feel confident we will get a few inches during the next 7 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf16Vc3iZjE&feature=related

Sad thing is there are kids here that have no idea what we're talking about.lol

Tell me about it. I just re-read the book a couple months ago. Just an awesome story.

Meanwhile, whatever little warm thing that was hovering over the hill seems to have shifted. Dropped 1* in 13 minutes. Appears that ORH may have a similar type situation as they've been hanging warm as well.

Meanwhile, NAM says "nyet" to any back end snow.

This is the difference Ryan, you saw Mt Tops they say slopes, downsloping.

yes and even on the slopes it will be significantly less than the Dec 1 event. The setup is similar but not nearly as impressive as what happened a week ago.

This kind of setup we wind up seeing at least once or twice a winter.

Tell me about it. I just re-read the book a couple months ago. Just an awesome story.

Meanwhile, whatever little warm thing that was hovering over the hill seems to have shifted. Dropped 1* in 13 minutes. Appears that ORH may have a similar type situation as they've been hanging warm as well.

Meanwhile, NAM says "nyet" to any back end snow.

"Titaglia's a pimp...but I didn't know until this day...that it was Barzini all along."

We're closing to 13 days to Christmas. This is the year when the first big snow will be a holiday storm - no grinch cutter this year...

Steve, there's nothing notable in the zfp or p/c for western Franklin/western Hampshire. (I diddn't check in western CT) What am I missing here?

Albany versus Taunton? IDK

North Adams

Sunday: Snow and freezing rain before 10am, then rain and snow between 10am and 11am, then rain after 11am. High near 45. Windy, with a east wind between 18 and 28 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Damn ... tomorrow's Pats/Bears game should be epic old school kickass football.

Sunday: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 20 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as zero. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 30 and 35 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

0-0 tie?

Damn ... tomorrow's Pats/Bears game should be epic old school kickass football.

Sunday: Snow and areas of blowing snow. Temperature falling to around 20 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as zero. Very windy, with a north northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to between 30 and 35 mph. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

0-0 tie?

Just how Brady likes it........ :lol:

Archived