• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Tracking the Late October Potential

stormtracker

from a climo standpoint I like the GFS better than the NAM...plus it is a better model....doesn't mean it is right, but i would favor it over the NAM if I had to lean one way

for sure. euro/gfs blend probably still good tho the gfs looks about what you'd expect for an early season storm. i only look at the ukmet when people post it here.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lotsa folks northeast of us gonna get a crash course on why its important to trim those trees that are situated close to the house.

Gut tells me I'll see a good hard rain - followed by a dusting of snow. Picturesque but no tree/structural house damage here.

You won't see ME askin' how much for Dale City. This system's a no-brainer

i like it.. it's close to cwg's thoughts that go up at 5 and DCA is in the few flakes slot!

I was watching the game. Is it going to be coming down so hard that it'll get that deep?

Heavy snow?

I guess I can wait until the post goes live...

I was watching the game. Is it going to be coming down so hard that it'll get that deep?

Heavy snow?

I guess I can wait until the post goes live...

There won't be a map till later in the morning but you're in the same zone as that map in the forecast for now.

Go over to my facebook page...we posted a map there for the Hagerstown area. This is a tough one...will probably bump totals up some more, but played conservative for now.

doesnt look bad either. i was actually wondering a bit about the western extent of the nbc map.. cwg doesnt forecast out that far west per se.

i'd have gladly sat out the real discussion on this one as it's pretty tricky.. much moreso than the relatively continuity in models say imo. too bad i edit thurs night and have to write a forecast fri night. on the plus side there's lots of other guidance from jason et al than just me and the models in these situations. ;)

doesnt look bad either. i was actually wondering a bit about the western extent of the nbc map.. cwg doesnt forecast out that far west per se.

i'd have gladly sat out the real discussion on this one as it's pretty tricky.. much moreso than the relatively continuity in models say imo. too bad i edit thurs night and have to write a forecast fri night. on the plus side there's lots of other guidance from jason et al than just me and the models in these situations. ;)

I know the western edge is hard to pinpoint..I have to go on air early Sat. morning! Fun times though. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived