12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
potential for a few (million) mangled flakes part 2

Alpha5

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea an important thing to realize is that the timing of the nam/gfs is a little off with the evolution so that the 48 hr/54 hr timestamps respectively are pretty different (warmer) on the gfs, when in reality the same egneral idea/evolution occurs on both models (the gfs being far more realistic probably in not shpwing 15" of snow up the i95 corridor)

Yea an important thing to realize is that the timing of the nam/gfs is a little off with the evolution so that the 48 hr/54 hr timestamps respectively are pretty different (warmer) on the gfs, when in reality the same egneral idea/evolution occurs on both models (the gfs being far more realistic probably in not shpwing 15" of snow up the i95 corridor)

Exactly. Thanks for this post,

Ladies and gentlemen, we can;t expect the models to stay exactly the same through Saturday. Just know that there will most likely be a pretty impressive storm, it will bring a good amount of rain, and most of us will probably see snow at some point that may or may not accumulate. If you go by these expectations, you won't be disappointed.

I originally had just hopes for snow in the air. After the last few runs I now hope for a coating. Anything more than that in October is gravy, seriously. It's gravy in November for crying out loud.

In certain ways, this sounds like it's similar to the 12/26/02 storm, where it rained in NYC/Long Island - temps were in the 40's to near 50 - the storm passed to our south and east- heights crashed and that huge deform band came through the NYC/LI area and I ended up w/ 6-8" of wet snow..

I'm not saying this storm is the SAME as that storm- but the reality of what may happen seems similar..

Jeff

GFS was continuously too warm last year in change over situations like 1/27 where we started out warm. That being said, NAM is too cold. Blend them, you still have a heck of an october snow storm.

Anyone from a line of lets say Warren county to Orange county to Litchfield county is in for a once in a lifetime event this weekend..

In certain ways, this sounds like it's similar to the 12/26/02 storm, where it rained in NYC/Long Island - temps were in the 40's to near 50 - the storm passed to our south and east- heights crashed and that huge deform band came through the NYC/LI area and I ended up w/ 6-8" of wet snow..

I'm not saying this storm is the SAME as that storm- but the reality of what may happen seems similar..

Jeff

Wasnt that Christmas, not the day after?

Archived