46 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have?

• Twenty 2 inch snow storms from Dec 1 through March 1
    • Two 20 inch snow storms from Dec 1 through March 1
    • The Forky Option: I hate snow.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather 4, 5" storms spaced a few weeks apart so as to have snow on the ground most of the time, followed by one 20" storm in February. I mean if its not too much trouble :-)

Twenty 2 inch snowstorms each spread out from December 1 through March 1 or two 20 inch snowstorms over the same time. Vote.

For me, I'll take the two big ones, the tracking would be more fun.

I'm the type of person that says if it is going to be cold, then it might as well snow. If it's not gonna snow, then I'll take sunny and above 50 for the winter. I'll take the 2 20 inches then sunny and 50+. Otherwise if it's gonna be cold then I'll take the consistent lower snowfalls as long as I see constant flakes falling and snow cover all winter.

I'd rather 4, 5" storms spaced a few weeks apart so as to have snow on the ground most of the time, followed by one 20" storm in February. I mean if its not too much trouble :-)

I must be the only lunatic who isn't at all interested on how much snow is on the ground during the season.. I just like the art of watching it snow as much as possible.. once the storm ends, I'd rather just see a torch and have it all melt away the next day.. Do I have mental problems? :whistle:

I must be the only lunatic who isn't at all interested on how much snow is on the ground during the season.. I just like the art of watching it snow as much as possible.. once the storm ends, I'd rather just see a torch and have it all melt away the next day.. Do I have mental problems? :whistle:

Nope, I could care less about piles. I agree.

you have to add the tornadojay option, for those who quiver at the thought of cold.. Option 4 would be, it is 90-100 degrees outside during times of snowfall.... but seriously.. I'll take 2 big storms and let it torch every day in between :sun:

Only Forky gets a named option because its inevitable he comes in here and makes some snide remark or says something in OT so by giving him something upfront, it may appease him. LOL.

No, there is something very depressing about watching snow melt, unless its old crusty snow and its been hanging around forever. Otherwise I like snow on the ground as much as possible even if just a few inches. But I do like watching snow fall as well, but after a while if its not sticking or accumulating too much it just becomes a nuisance

the poll is too lopsided lol

I don't think so. But it was too obvious what the result would be. 20" snowstorms happen once per decade usually for most I-95 areas...and even here they are not much more common. I'd take a 20" storm any day over ten 2" storms.

I love snow pack and lots of snow events, but those become a dime a dozen after a while. The big storms are the most exciting.

I don't think so. But it was too obvious what the result would be. 20" snowstorms happen once per decade usually for most I-95 areas...and even here they are not much more common. I'd take a 20" storm any day over ten 2" storms.

I love snow pack and lots of snow events, but those become a dime a dozen after a while. The big storms are the most exciting.

yup. we got a good dose of big storms last year..I cant imagine any snowlover to pick a bunch of small low impact events over 2 big daddy's

nothing like spening xmas watching a blizzard about to unfold the next day. Its gonna be hard to beat that storm unless 1996 happens again. And it will, history repeats itself :)

Archived