amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Moving on to mid/late November

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100%.....just an unending SE ridge and torch at 850 over the entire EC......vomit worthy...

Weeks 3 and esp 4 can shift around and they are a 1 week avg so can't see the daily details, but in general that pattern is not the nicest. Might as well go with the flow and see what happens. As usual, these things take time. Could be another 2-3 weeks or so.

100%.....just an unending SE ridge and torch at 850 over the entire EC......vomit worthy...

lol and you guys believe that garbage?..a model trying to tell you what the weather pattern will be on Dec 14th..why dont you check out the CFS maps for next summer..again anything over a week is a real reach..haven't we all learned that already?..insane that some Mets are throwing out this garbage as law...next?

The Euro weeklies would be supported by the MJO if they pan out....since the MJO looks like it will be in a state favorable for warmth for early December. No guarantee the MJO wave stays strong enough enough to be an influence, but if it did, it certainly supports the warmth. Hopefully we see it cycle to phase 6 pretty quickly which is more favorable for cold.

lol and you guys believe that garbage?..a model trying to tell you what the weather pattern will be on Dec 14th..why dont you check out the CFS maps for next summer..again anything over a week is a real reach..haven't we all learned that already?..insane that some Mets are throwing out this garbage as law...next?

I take them for what they are worth, not verbatim, especially in weeks 3 and 4.....they are usually pretty good for weeks 1 and 2 though. The last thing anyone needs to do right now is lose a minute of sleep over them lol....

The Euro weeklies would be supported by the MJO if they pan out....since the MJO looks like it will be in a state favorable for warmth for early December. No guarantee the MJO wave stays strong enough enough to be an influence, but if it did, it certainly supports the warmth. Hopefully we see it cycle to phase 6 pretty quickly which is more favorable for cold.

I thought it was entering phase 8...

It looks like it wants to go around the horn right through phase 4. It is weak though.

I take them for what they are worth, not verbatim, especially in weeks 3 and 4.....they are usually pretty good for weeks 1 and 2 though. The last thing anyone needs to do right now is lose a minute of sleep over them lol....

I know...I think people think we take them verbatim, but like Will said and also from what the ensembles show..I don't see how they are "garbage."

they're not that bad. not great, but not bad. just another tool to use.

While they are depressing, you are correct, in fact last Nov and Dec was frustrating and then Boxing Day came along and provided 6 weeks of the best stuff you will ever see on the South Coast of New England (in most spots).

I know...I think people think we take them verbatim, but like Will said and also from what the ensembles show..I don't see how they are "garbage."

week 3 and 4 are not accurate..you know that..I remember 3 years ago..Euro weeklies cold December,cold Christmas blah blah..it was 50 degrees most of Christmas week..It's really a flip of a coin when you go past 2 weeks..even 10 days in some cases

While they are depressing, you are correct, in fact last Nov and Dec was frustrating and then Boxing Day came along and provided 6 weeks of the best stuff you will ever see on the South Coast of New England (in most spots).

You know the drill, we do it every year lol. Let's revisit this in 2 weeks, I would almost bet that things look much, much better.

week 3 and 4 are not accurate..you know that..I remember 3 years ago..Euro weeklies cold December,cold Christmas blah blah..it was 50 degrees most of Christmas week..It's really a flip of a coin when you go past 2 weeks..even 10 days in some cases

I'm not saying they are accurate, but they fit some of the overall indices that we are seeing now, and week 3 seems to be in decent agreement if you look at the end of the euro ensembles. I know they can change, I just mentioned some posts back that they shift around. They are also a 1 week average so they can't account for a rogue snow event or what have you. Every Met knows not to take them verbatim.

Archived