CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Moving on to mid/late November

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People antsy about getting winter started immediately. Might take a while at first, but the pattern the next 2-3 weeks is nasty. If it looks like this in 3 weeks..then it's a concern.

Certainly would be entertaining on this board if we had a big fat dud of a winter. We might actually have suicides. Or fights. Lol

Certainly would be entertaining on this board if we had a big fat dud of a winter. We might actually have suicides. Or fights. Lol

If I remember correctly, in 06-07 it got so pathetic as we entered February that we were all laughing about the putrid lack of snow and were partly cheering on the least snowiest season on record. 05-06 was fairly depressing too outside of the I95 HECS.

01-02 took the cake though back on WWBB...especially since the mets were proclaiming a cold and snowy winter in their fall winter forecasts. Ji was entertaining that season.

If I remember correctly, in 06-07 it got so pathetic as we entered February that we were all laughing about the putrid lack of snow and were partly cheering on the least snowiest season on record. 05-06 was fairly depressing too outside of the I95 HECS.

01-02 took the cake though back on WWBB...especially since the mets were proclaiming a cold and snowy winter in their fall winter forecasts. Ji was entertaining that season.

Wasn't that the winter where the term "Vodka cold" came from?

06-07, That winter, Some of the larger lakes in the southern part of the state never completly froze over

If that comes to be, I'll kill every squirrel in MA.

We've had some pretty darn good winters for the years I've been on the board...haven't really seen a true disaster unfold.

I don't know who we'd lose first. Smart money used to be on Ray but he's changed recently...might be Kevin. Tip doesn't count.

Anyway, hopefully things look better on the next few weeks.

01-02? Probably. I may be wrong, but I think JB kept hitting the cross polar flow cVodka airmasses which didn't arrive until a year later.

Here's DT's 01-02 seasonal forecast which went up in flames.

http://1664596.sites.myregisteredsite.com/seasonalforcst/winter01-02/winter2001-02.htm

That was it. JB kept talking about Canadian cold being Labatts but Siberian vodka.

Remember his holiday ditty to the tune of jingle bells

Cross polar flow,cross polar flow, cross polar flow on the way. Oh the christmas chill...will bring you thrill...but not as much as New Years Day....

LC actually did not forecast a cold and snowy winter and of course KA drew on his legend that year.

But autumn was really dry as was winter. Not so dry the past 6 months...quite the opposite. We'll know soon enough.

Yeah that pre-dates me. I did a little lurking in 2006.

If it ends up horrible, at least it'll be entertaining.

The population of the board is so much larger than it was for the last dud in 06-07, though......dynamic would be "different".

We've had some pretty darn good winters for the years I've been on the board...haven't really seen a true disaster unfold.

I don't know who we'd lose first. Smart money used to be on Ray but he's changed recently...might be Kevin. Tip doesn't count.

:lol: :lol:

Subtly one of the funniest comments in a while.

Probably vim toot or ctsnowsstorms

Archived