amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to know how long it took him to adjust when his team wasn't good anymore...

Dude, 4 straight AFC Championships and 0 SB's, you don't know pain. The thing is win or lose we stand by our team and no coach of ours has ever left his defeated team on the field alone. Nice weather we've been having.

Dude, 4 straight AFC Championships and 0 SB's, you don't know pain. The thing is win or lose we stand by our team and no coach of ours has ever left his defeated team on the field alone. Nice weather we've been having.

To be honest, I don't really follow football or know much about it...was just trying to have some fun. I enjoy everyone's back-and-forth busting on one another.biggrin.gif

To be honest, I don't really follow football or know much about it...was just trying to have some fun. I enjoy everyone's back-and-forth busting on one another.biggrin.gif

That's probably why you're a Pats fan.lol I'm just giving these guys sh*t because a week before the game they were all telling me how bad the Pats were going to beat my beloved Bills. I took it but payback's a b*tch.lol It's fun to have some jocular humor about this sort of thing. Especially if your team wins.

Over the weekend when we were camping in NH, some critter (fox? fisher?) woke us up screaming. Very creepy.

Then last night in our back woods, a fox was crying for a half hour.

Never heard either before, so that was weird. Twice in just a few days.

Could be either, there was a fisher screaming one night in town, the cops got several calls from people in that area thinking someone was getting killed or tortured in the woods.

Ive heard both in the woods across the street from my house, really gets the dogs going in the middle of the night.

3 or 4 more warm mornings/days and then maybe a slight touch of fall..Still nothing really cool looking..Maybe Sunday..but everythhing has been delayed

Boy--I see they have mid-70's for you both today and tomorrow and low 70's on Friday.

Man that gradient is going to making you really irate this winter. j/k

You'll be in the 70's thru Friday as will most of SNE. Don't take the BOX forecasts so literally. look outside the box

Why do you bash the fine folks at BOX? There temp forecasts are typically money.

Friday: A slight chance of showers. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Southwest wind between 5 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: A chance of showers before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.

Sunday: Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 54.

Sunday Night: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 37.

Monday: Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 61.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 63.

You'll be in the 70's thru Friday as will most of SNE. Don't take the BOX forecasts so literally. look outside the box

Kevin--I think you got overheated the last couple of days and forgetting that your southern locale and GC very frequently have different weather.

On another point, apparently Massachusetts had released it's law-required report on how global warming will impact the Bay State by 2100. Here are some of the highlights--yawn.

— Temperatures an average of five to 10 degrees higher.

— Three to 28 more days annually of temperatures 100 degrees or higher.

— 29 to 43 more days in the growing season.

— A rise in sea level from 11 to 79 inches.

Yawn again.

I never watch the local news, but Channel 22 out of Springfield was on when I was starting a movie for my daughter. They were heading into the weather and the anchor (Barry Krieger???) was doing his hand-off to the met and this is what he said:

"I tell you what, I headed out west to the hills this afternoon. I couldn't believe it. So many of the trees have changed. In fact, some had lost a lot of their leaves already. It's a different world up in the hills".

I guess the news desk at WWLP has discovered the wonder and mystical qualities of GC.

LOL..I love how he posts pics from other yrs and claims they are current. There is nowhere anywhere in NEw England that is at peak color like that. Even in NNE

See above post.

I live in the hills.

It's last years pic..which is why he didn't respond to me or Scooter or Will

No offense, but the hills of eastern CT and the hills of Western MA are two different animals. One torches and one does not. :) Elevations of 1000' are a rarity in eastern CT (are there any?). My elevation at 1000'--while still almost 800' higher than downtown Greenfield and 500' higher than Shelburne Falls--is a low hill out here (albeit one than can't radiate worth sh*t).

As far as the leaves in Franklin County go, ours are going direct to brown on the trees and dropping. Totally sucky season here. The good news is that they are dropping steadily and will likely finish early so I can get that chore out of the way (or like last year, pay someone to do it for me).

No offense, but the hills of eastern CT and the hills of Western MA are two different animals. One torches and one does not. :) Elevations of 1000' are a rarity in eastern CT (are there any?). My elevation at 1000'--while still almost 800' higher than downtown Greenfield and 500' higher than Shelburne Falls--is a low hill out here (albeit one than can't radiate worth sh*t).

As far as the leaves in Franklin County go, ours are going direct to brown on the trees and dropping. Totally sucky season here. The good news is that they are dropping steadily and will likely finish early so I can get that chore out of the way (or like last year, pay someone to do it for me).

There's plenty of elevation in NE CT and plenty of hills including mine at or even over 1,000 feet. Your area and NE Ct are very similiar

There's plenty of elevation in NE CT and plenty of hills including mine at or even over 1,000 feet. Your area and NE Ct are very similiar

That statement is wrong. I'm sandwiched (within 1/2 mile) of hills of 1250' and 1400'. Beyond that distance, the hills are even higher. NE CT isn't even similar to Worcester..

NW CT isn't much colder than NE CT

The average winter temperature across the six NW CT climate sites is 25.9F while the five NE CT climate sites average 27.6F. That's a 1.7F difference over a three month period, so it's not just slightly colder, it's significantly so in my opinion. The annual average snowfall is 63 vs. 33 inches. Granted snowfall data can be a little iffy, so I suspect the gap isn't quite this wide, and the NE average should be a bit higher, but the NW definitely has a large advantage in snowfall as well. Note these will not be the same as NCDC climate divisional normals since NE CT is considered climatologically homogenous with central CT (CT-2) while NW CT has its own climate zone (CT-1) that lines up perfectly with MA-1 which exclusively covers the Berkshires of W MA.

The average winter temperature across the six NW CT climate sites is 25.9F while the five NE CT climate sites average 27.6F. That's a 1.7F difference over a three month period, so it's not just slightly colder, it's significantly so in my opinion. The annual average snowfall is 63 vs. 33 inches. Granted snowfall data can be a little iffy, so I suspect the gap isn't quite this wide, and the NE average should be a bit higher, but the NW definitely has a large advantage in snowfall as well. Note these will not be the same as NCDC climate divisional normals since NE CT is considered climatologically homogenous with central CT (CT-2) while NW CT has its own climate zone (CT-1) that lines up perfectly with MA-1 which exclusively covers the Berkshires of W MA.

Kevin gets well more than the 33", though he is most often the runner-up in any given storm in relation to the ORH reading. Kevin--you may dispute this comment......

Archived