amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That long range Euro is just plain ugly. October is going to be way above normal after the early month mild down. I hate warm Octobers

At least above normal Octobers can still translate into not especially warm conditions. E.g., average high at ORH is 63.8 on Oct 1 with a rapid decline to 53.0 on Oct. 31. So, postiive departures can still translate into some really comfortable conditions.

Because the picture he posted was from last year. MPM believes everything he sees/reads

All I see are my lack-luster leaves steadily dropping on my lawn. I believe we are having a bad foliage season with an early leaf drop. Yup.

1.03 of rain overnight. Most of it before midnite

Nice--I have no idea what we got, but the final lawn mowing I did last evening has been covered with newly dropped leaves, no doubt helped along by whatever rain we did get.

It's been several years since we've seen a collapse like this--just like old times!

Sick day?

Man--it's really dark this morning.

I called in sick, but it is actually a daycare issue. Vacation for the provider. My daughter went to my in-laws 1 day, home one day.

Plenty of work to do here, though. Mountain of grading to do, furnace work( new oil line going in to meet some regulation), paperwork catch up. Great dy for it.

I wish they could dump Crawford and Lackey, Renteria style for pennies on the dollar.

Shaughnassy puts it well today:

" Truly unbelievable. This feels like revenge for 2004 and 2007. It is as if the baseball gods are punishing Red Sox Nation for hubris and arrogance and good times that seemed so good, so good, so good."

Shaughnassy puts it well today:

" Truly unbelievable. This feels like revenge for 2004 and 2007. It is as if the baseball gods are punishing Red Sox Nation for hubris and arrogance and good times that seemed so good, so good, so good."

Lol--good one.

At least we have the Patriots........oh, wait a minute......

WHat a beautiful day to be alive!

Rain has stopped, 74 degrees, should get close to 80 today.

clamtown collapse

Looks like the month finishes +3-4 for a large portion/population of New England. A week ago many thought the month would finish only +1-2 for most places. Good call by those that had September as a torch.

This day could not sum up my feelings right now. Drizzle and fog currently. I'm so not motivated to go to the gym or do anything. Just pissed.

Probably only the 7th worst Boston fail in my recent memory

2010 Bs

2007 Pats

2003 Sox

1985 Sox

1978 Sox

1987 Celtics (Jr Sky Hook by Magic - ugh)

All were worse... you will survive.

Probably only the 7th worst Boston fail in my recent memory

2010 Bs

2007 Pats

2003 Sox

1985 Sox

1978 Sox

1987 Celtics (Jr Sky Hook by Magic - ugh)

All were worse... you will survive.

I'm not the biggest B's fan in the world, so 2010 B's stinkfest sucked, but it wasn't the worst for me. 2003 Sox and 2007 SB crushed me.

So what's the take on this--once this batch of rain that's been pushing through GC goes through, will we be done here? I thought some more wide-spread rains were expected to develop, but I'm not seeing that showing up. At least not yet.

Heavy rains continuing.

Rain has ended here for now. Soaked. Work goes on.

This day could not sum up my feelings right now. Drizzle and fog currently. I'm so not motivated to go to the gym or do anything. Just pissed.

I assume this is Sox related. The way you're feeling is precisely why I don't invest my time and emotions into sports any longer. Life is too short to be upset about things which you cannot control (getting boned by a missed winter storm is the exception).

Archived