Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never watch the local news, but Channel 22 out of Springfield was on when I was starting a movie for my daughter. They were heading into the weather and the anchor (Barry Krieger???) was doing his hand-off to the met and this is what he said:

"I tell you what, I headed out west to the hills this afternoon. I couldn't believe it. So many of the trees have changed. In fact, some had lost a lot of their leaves already. It's a different world up in the hills".

I guess the news desk at WWLP has discovered the wonder and mystical qualities of GC.

I never watch the local news, but Channel 22 out of Springfield was on when I was starting a movie for my daughter. They were heading into the weather and the anchor (Barry Krieger???) was doing his hand-off to the met and this is what he said:

"I tell you what, I headed out west to the hills this afternoon. I couldn't believe it. So many of the trees have changed. In fact, some had lost a lot of their leaves already. It's a different world up in the hills".

I guess the news desk at WWLP has discovered the wonder and mystical qualities of GC.

Really coming along with the color now, it'll be past peak in 2 weeks. Many of our maples have lost most of their leaves.

Really coming along with the color now, it'll be past peak in 2 weeks. Many of our maples have lost most of their leaves.

We've got a steady stream of them dropping here at the Pit. Unforutnatley, they're all yellow and brown. Very few oranges and reds. We went out to pick up "signs of fall" for my daughter's class. We could find so few colorful ones. We grabbed a few that had colors other than yellow and then picked a small pumpkin to make up for the lack of reds.

Nice pic, Pete... looks very similar here. Today sounded a bit different down your way, though. Up here it was mostly sunny with not a cloud in the sky, and it was a full on-torch. High of 79F here (normal is 65-66F at MVL ASOS I believe). However last night was pretty nice with a low of 45F... only a couple degrees above normal. A change of pace from recent warmth where the overnight lows were the big departures. Big diurnal swing in temps today though with 34F between high and low.

Even Saranac Lake, NY (SLK) at near 1,700ft hit 78F... as much as I want the cold to come, I know it will eventually (and it'll snow big, too), I've been enjoy these awesome and mild early fall days. Nothing like being warm in a t-shirt while working near 4,000ft at the end of September.

Archived