e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Heavy rain 5 - 9 September OBS

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mesoscale Discussion 2147< Previous MD Next MD > mcd2147.gif MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 2147 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0236 PM CDT WED SEP 07 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...SERN AND EAST CENTRAL PA INTO PARTS OF CENTRAL NJ CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH UNLIKELY VALID 071936Z - 072100Z AN ISOLATED THREAT FOR A STRONG WIND GUST AND/OR A TORNADO CANNOT BE RULED OUT THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON FROM SERN PA INTO CENTRAL NJ. GIVEN THE LIMITED SPATIAL EXTENT AND OVERALL THREAT CONCERN...A WW IS NOT ANTICIPATED. AFTERNOON MESOANALYSES INDICATED A WARM FRONT HAD MOVED INTO SERN PA AND EXTENDED NEWD FROM LANCASTER TO NRN BUCKS COUNTIES PA AND THEN ENEWD THROUGH CENTRAL NJ TO OFFSHORE THE SRN LONG ISLAND COAST. STRONG SURFACE HEATING AND DEWPOINTS IN THE LOWER-MID 70S ARE RESULTING IN MLCAPE OF 1000-1200 J/KG WITHIN THE WARM SECTOR. DEEP UNIDIRECTIONAL FLOW/SHEAR VECTORS ARE SUPPORTING PRIMARILY LINES/SHORT BOWING SEGMENTS AS INDICATED BY REGIONAL RADAR IMAGERY MOVING NEWD THROUGH SERN PA AT 1925Z. BACKED SURFACE WINDS IN THE WARM SECTOR AND INVOF THE WARM FRONT ARE ALSO RESULTING IN ENHANCED LOW LEVEL SHEAR /EFFECTIVE SRH UP TO 200 M2 PER S2/ SUPPORTING LOW LEVEL STORM ROTATION AS HAS BEEN NOTED IN A STORM OR TWO THIS AFTERNOON OVER SERN PA. ..PETERS.. 09/07/2011 ATTN...WFO...PHI...CTP... LAT...LON 39767592 40097588 40467595 40537502 40457428 40217412 39867431 39777509 39707566 39767592

Mesoscale Discussion 2147< Previous MD Next MD > mcd2147.gif MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 2147 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0236 PM CDT WED SEP 07 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...SERN AND EAST CENTRAL PA INTO PARTS OF CENTRAL NJ CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH UNLIKELY VALID 071936Z - 072100Z AN ISOLATED THREAT FOR A STRONG WIND GUST AND/OR A TORNADO CANNOT BE RULED OUT THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON FROM SERN PA INTO CENTRAL NJ. GIVEN THE LIMITED SPATIAL EXTENT AND OVERALL THREAT CONCERN...A WW IS NOT ANTICIPATED. AFTERNOON MESOANALYSES INDICATED A WARM FRONT HAD MOVED INTO SERN PA AND EXTENDED NEWD FROM LANCASTER TO NRN BUCKS COUNTIES PA AND THEN ENEWD THROUGH CENTRAL NJ TO OFFSHORE THE SRN LONG ISLAND COAST. STRONG SURFACE HEATING AND DEWPOINTS IN THE LOWER-MID 70S ARE RESULTING IN MLCAPE OF 1000-1200 J/KG WITHIN THE WARM SECTOR. DEEP UNIDIRECTIONAL FLOW/SHEAR VECTORS ARE SUPPORTING PRIMARILY LINES/SHORT BOWING SEGMENTS AS INDICATED BY REGIONAL RADAR IMAGERY MOVING NEWD THROUGH SERN PA AT 1925Z. BACKED SURFACE WINDS IN THE WARM SECTOR AND INVOF THE WARM FRONT ARE ALSO RESULTING IN ENHANCED LOW LEVEL SHEAR /EFFECTIVE SRH UP TO 200 M2 PER S2/ SUPPORTING LOW LEVEL STORM ROTATION AS HAS BEEN NOTED IN A STORM OR TWO THIS AFTERNOON OVER SERN PA. ..PETERS.. 09/07/2011 ATTN...WFO...PHI...CTP... LAT...LON 39767592 40097588 40467595 40537502 40457428 40217412 39867431 39777509 39707566 39767592

I dont know what they are seeing but that whole line is weak as crap now and really fading out.

They were calling for rain around Wilmington this afternoon..not a drop.................lol!

It was obvious that the heavy rain would set up to our west for most of the day. I don't know what you expected. All models had it pegged perfectly. A toddler could have seen that. Later on tonight? May be a different story.

I never remember when there has been so many crests of the Delaware in such a short period of time and with the moisture from whatever remains of the disturbance in the BOC next week we may get another.

THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR

THE DELAWARE RIVER AT WASHINGTON`S CROSSING.

* FROM THURSDAY MORNING TO SATURDAY MORNING...OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS

CANCELLED.

* AT 4:00 PM WEDNESDAY THE STAGE WAS 13.4 FEET.

* FLOOD STAGE IS 16.0 FEET.

* MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.

* FORECAST...RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY TOMORROW MORNING AND CONTINUE TO

RISE TO NEAR 17.6 FEET BY FRIDAY MORNING. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW

FLOOD STAGE BY EARLY SATURDAY MORNING.

* IMPACT...AT 16.5 FEET...FLOODING BEGINS ON LOWER RIVER DRIVE IN

WASHINGTON CROSSING STATE PARK. FLOODING ALSO OCCURS ON UPPER DRIVE

NEAR HOUSE #1 IN THE TITUSVILLE SECTION OF HOPEWELL TOWNSHIP.

"THE INFERENCE OF THE MODEL PROJECTIONS IS THAT THIS FIRST AXIS WILL

SLOWLY WEAKEN THIS EVENING AND BE REPLACED BY BANDS OF HEAVIER

RAIN ACROSS THE NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEASTERN PART OF OUR CWA

OVERNIGHT. THE POPS AND GRIDS WERE ALIGNED AS SUCH.

THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT IS ALL ABOUT THE SHEAR BELOW 925MB AS THE

WINDS ALOFT ARE FAIRLY UNIDIRECTIONAL. THERE REMAINS A WINDOW OF

OPPORTUNITY INTO EARLY EVENING WHERE THE FCST 1 KM HELICITY

VALUES WOULD SUPPORT ROTATING THUNDERSTORMS, ESPECIALLY NEAR AND

NORTH OF THE FRONTAL BOUNDARY FROM ABOUT LNS COUNTY EAST THRU

OCEAN COUNTY. ENHANCED WORDING FOR WIND WAS KEPT IN EARLY. WITH

DEW POINTS SO HIGH, WENT WITH STAT GUIDANCE.` "

nws.noaa.gov mt. holly AFD

Rain stopped here in NW Chesco, 72.5 degrees.

Roads pretty bad around here with water running everywhere, stream (Beaver Run - trib of French Creek) is flooded in yard. Not as high as Irene.

5.86" since Sunday. Back to back record rainfall months? Hard to imagine we miss out on Nate in some way.

Speaking of "Agnes" ... I have heard a story (just now, I can not confirm it yet) that the flooding at Knoebels Amusement Park, is presently, higher than the "72" flood. Imho, this is just incredible!! The gent who is referencing the haunting of Agnes, I must commend your Sir. Your thought process is correct. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

So far a tad over 5" here. and the gosh-darn basement has water again. flood.gif

Susquehanna @ W-B now forecast to reach 38'.

I can't believe Grothar, may be right after all. Last time it was forecasted to reach that level was 2006, it never did, got to 34.14' however they did order an evac of 250,000. Meeting at 630 to decide what to do.

Rainfall today so far .86" storm total 5.77"

but I have saw reports of 5-6" of rainfall over Bloomsburg PA just today.. river forecasted to 30'.. Real bad for fair week at end of mth.

I can't believe Grothar, may be right after all. Last time it was forecasted to reach that level was 2006, it never did, got to 34.14' however they did order an evac of 250,000. Meeting at 630 to decide what to do.

Rainfall today so far .86" storm total 5.77"

but I have saw reports of 5-6" of rainfall over Bloomsburg PA just today.. river forecasted to 30'.. Real bad for fair week at end of mth.

The initial forecast tends to be overestimated...we'll see.

Archived