amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Heavy rain 5 - 9 September OBS

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right in there with 3.72" total thus far through 9pm... from Sunday night, started @ 11:30 pm.

We had some basement flooding with Irene, that event total was 3.7". Luckily (have to find some wood now) there has been none of that with this event. So far anyway. But, I hear the drudging on the roof, it is raining hard now ... oh no. raining.gif

im not sure that are to the sw gets the philly metro area and surounding i95 areas, The 500mb flow has backed more to a nne than the ne flow from this morning and afternoon

500mb_sf.gif?1315359902837

I think they will. They look to be making a bee line to same areas in De,SE PA/NJ that had rains earlier.

only 1.4" on the day after 2.05" yesterday. Seems a break in the action is imminent in western Lehigh. To be honest, this storm is behaving as expected in the AFD's and HPC forecasts from the weekend. An inch or an inch and a half every day for several days with spots of heavy rain and times of no rain.

I have received 4.54" of rainfall here.. no QPF map had me over 4"(according to the map you posted) for the entire event.

It was still flippant regardless of the outcome. Making statements without any reasoning or backup are worthless. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it's true. This is a weather board for people to learn TOGETHER. Making statements of non-facts and/or conjecture doesn't further the mission of the board, does it? That was and still is my point.

You didn't hurt my feelings, lol my feelings don't get hurt over a message board. But I do think you are trolling me, because you think you are better then me for some reason. It's ok. I apologize for not posting a link to the BGM discussion, lesson learned, next time I will post it. I am still trying to figure out why you are posting in the PHL subforum when you live in South Carolina. I think it's worthless to downplay the seriousness of the flooding that is going to take place here in C and E PA over the next few days, like u have in a few posts.

It's been going up every 2-3 hours a new forecast is released. It was just a question.. have an immediate family member studying at a university that sits 100' from the levee and I am concerned.

Unless we see those forecast amounts for C PA wind up over NE PA, the city of W-B will be fine wrt the Susquehanna.

Archived