• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heavy rain 5 - 9 September OBS

NortheastPAWx

Looking at their FFA product it had a product expiration time of 00z this evening, therefore probably why it dropped off the web page. Not sure why many of their products were not issued/refreshed on the day shift.

Well, just looked at CTP's FFA product more closely and actually the flash flood watch was only until 00z this evening (just looked at the product expiration time initially). I figured it would have been in effect longer than that given more rain to come and neighboring offices FFA's run longer.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

two areas of rain to our sw that are going to swing in overnight and tomorrow morning that could produce some hvy rain for the region and into jersey if they hold together. Pwats continue to increase over the area with phl to about abe to rdg to lns breaking the 2 inch mark. Moisture convergence aligning itself within the high pwats along and just west of i 95

pwtr_sf.gif?1315271651154

mcon_sf.gif?1315271660965

northeast.gif

Well, just looked at CTP's FFA product more closely and actually the flash flood watch was only until 00z this evening (just looked at the product expiration time initially). I figured it would have been in effect longer than that given more rain to come and neighboring offices FFA's run longer.

just posted:

erh.png

two areas of rain to our sw that are going to swing in overnight and tomorrow morning that could produce some hvy rain for the region and into jersey if they hold together. Pwats continue to increase over the area with phl to about abe to rdg to lns breaking the 2 inch mark. Moisture convergence aligning itself within the high pwats along and just west of i 95

pwtr_sf.gif?1315271651154

mcon_sf.gif?1315271660965

northeast.gif

It seems all indications are tonight through tomorrow morning much of easter PA and nothern and western NJ will get a good soaking. Most of these areas have seen anywheres from 0.5-2.5" since early this morning (of course some areas in western portions of this area saw 2-4" last night). Looks like another inch or two for these areas through early tomorrow. Then lets see what happens tomorrow evening through Wednesday. Most indications focus the heaviest axis west but still cover most of us with another 1-3". Wet week regardless just a matter of whether it is excessively wet or just wet.

GFS has been a little better (but not by much) with QPF.

6 hour NAM is in lala-land already.. (0z)

i dont think its in lala land, i just think its placement is wrong. The first 3 hrs or so of the nam has already occured. Now take the cooridor from nw nj through abe to northern montco and bucks and nw chesco and you have that. Those places have easily gotten over half inch already

GFS has been a little better (but not by much) with QPF.

6 hour NAM is in lala-land already.. (0z)

if you look on twister data, the 3hr increments show a nice little vorticity on the H5 vertical velocity map that comes through NJ. Looking at current radar, wondering if its the batch of heavier returns by fredericksburg in VA? PWATS are pretty high, so it seems pausible. BUt then again, the NAM can suffer convective feedback. But counterpoint, the vortmax doesn't have that feedback look on Twisterdata maps.

if you look on twister data, the 3hr increments show a nice little vorticity on the H5 vertical velocity map that comes through NJ. Looking at current radar, wondering if its the batch of heavier returns by fredericksburg in VA? PWATS are pretty high, so it seems pausible. BUt then again, the NAM can suffer convective feedback. But counterpoint, the vortmax doesn't have that feedback look on Twisterdata maps.

the first 3 hrs have already occured. Models get init at like 6-7 in the evening. So when it comes out you have to discount the first 3 or so hours, it may be 6, but im not sure on that.

the first 3 hrs have already occured. Models get init at like 6-7 in the evening. So when it comes out you have to discount the first 3 or so hours, it may be 6, but im not sure on that.

:blahblah:

:D i think 6hrs is when that little guy comes through.

Very respectfully disagree (for my last post tonight) the more rapidly the recurve happens, the LESS Katia takes away from the moisture transport via the GOM tap. Lee rem's take the whole show (or a larger part of it) and continue to tap that flow unfettered.

A slower recurve would allow Katia to throw into the mix moreso along the coastal regions - by tapping that GOM flow to some extent (as shown by the 700 mb charts on the model runs that skirt the OBX area or just east). If that happens, then the coast and 100 inland would be the bullseye

But I'm not trying to start anything by saying so - regardless, I hope you all are safe and relatively unaffected.

I think you misunderstood me, I was implying that with a track of Katia further offshore, NJ and eastern PA would most likely cash in on more than what is forecasted.

Archived