mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Heavy rain 5 - 9 September OBS

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just looking at the radar, looks like harrisburg on west the worse is over... from the mdt to lancaster is going to get hit hard tonight. you can see it in the radar how the band west of harrisburg is moving west, the stuff by philly is moving nw and the stuff inbetween due north...firehose

Yup, the York to W Chester County corridor looks to get rocked soon.

just looking at the radar, looks like harrisburg on west the worse is over... from the mdt to lancaster is going to get hit hard tonight. you can see it in the radar how the band west of harrisburg is moving east, the stuff by philly is moving nw and the stuff inbetween due north...firehose

Susquehanna at Wilkes Barre is going to be more swollen then Roger Clemens after the shot in his a**...

but seriously.. this forecasted crest could go higher too.. as Wilkes Barre is about to be slammed.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

FLASH FLOOD WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA

700 PM EDT WED SEP 7 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS ISSUED A

* FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR...

DAUPHIN COUNTY...

LANCASTER COUNTY...

LEBANON COUNTY...

YORK COUNTY...

* UNTIL 100 AM EDT THURSDAY...

* AT 656 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR ESTIMATES

AND RAIN GAGE REPORTS INDICATED VERY HEAVY RAIN MOVING OVER

DAUPHIN...LANCASTER...LEBANON AND YORK COUNTIES.

THIS IS A FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCY FOR THE WARNED AREA. NUMEROUS

ROADS ARE CLOSED...AND MANY WATER RESCUES AND EVACUATIONS HAVE

TAKEN PLACE.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO

DALLASTOWN...HANOVER...PARKVILLE...RED LION...SPRY...WEIGELSTOWN...

YORK...AKRON...COLUMBIA...EAST PETERSBURG...ELIZABETHTOWN...

EPHRATA...LANCASTER...LEOLA...LITITZ...MANHEIM...MILLERSVILLE...

MOUNT JOY...NEW HOLLAND...WILLOW STREET...ANNVILLE...CORNWALL...

LEBANON...MYERSTOWN...PALMYRA...COLONIAL PARK...HARRISBURG...

HERSHEY...HUMMELSTOWN...LINGLESTOWN...MIDDLETOWN...PROGRESS AND

STEELTON.

ADDITIONAL RAINFALL AMOUNTS OF 1 TO 4 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE IN THE

WARNED AREA.

just looking at the radar, looks like harrisburg on west the worse is over... from the mdt to lancaster is going to get hit hard tonight. you can see it in the radar how the band west of harrisburg is moving east, the stuff by philly is moving nw and the stuff inbetween due north...firehose

T-bo:

700 mb moisture transport has reconnected down off the Carolina's - 850mb moisture transport shows Katia's PWAT starting to get involved - firehose? Indeed!

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=19&parm=pmsl#

I don't know Tom. I'm not as schooled in meteorology as some of the rest of you, but what's down south looks to be heading a bit east of some of the hard hit areas from this afternoon. It may be a bit of weenie wishcasting, but it looks to me like I may get in on the action this go around.

Yeah, I'm parked right in the center of that firehose in east-central Lebanon County. Been pouring off and on for 20 minutes or so and our road is mostly covered with rushing muddy water. Zero infiltration capacity here right now. Looks ugly for the overnight.

I don't know Tom. I'm not as schooled in meteorology as some of the rest of you, but what's down south looks to be heading a bit east of some of the hard hit areas from this afternoon. It may be a bit of weenie wishcasting, but it looks to me like I may get in on the action this go around.

you are directly above lancaster co, so its in line with the firehose... plus, the further north you go the more the flow bends nne to ne...

We still thinking that Philly gets rained on tomorrow? or is that firehouse staying west?

im not sure they will get into the true firehose, but they will tack on another .5-1 maybe more after midnight and tomorrow. Watch the flow off the ocean, ou can see showers and little t storms starting to fire a little...also watch the area se of delmarva in the ocean moving nw,

Archived