e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Heavy rain 5 - 9 September OBS

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man. Went to bed at midnight and radar was cleat over Philly. Wake up to a fire hose setting up. Work @firehouse at 7am will not be fun.

My normal crew actually just had a basement fire in a row home bout 30 mins ago. Apparently the basement had 3' of water in it with a gas fed fire in the ceiling/walls. Luckily they got a knock. I picked a terrible time to burn a vaca time. !!

Not sure if water in basement was from rainfall directly or from a burst pipe.

No coincidence I would guess 1st that it happened with heaviest rain. I'll update when I get in to work.

Yeah and not much for us which i guess is a saving grace for us in Delco.

wouldnt be surprised if we picked up a quick 1.5-2" of rain here in delco. Plenty enough for me. seems like this line has more of a NNE motion to it than a due N one. not outta the woods yet.

So is this over or are we getting more rain later on today?

from Mt Holly:

.SHORT TERM /6 AM THIS MORNING THROUGH 6 PM FRIDAY/...

IT APPEARS THAT THE LARGER SCALE FORCING WEAKENS IN OUR CWA AS THE

DAY PROGRESSES ON THURSDAY AND GETS REPLACED BY MORE THERMODYNAMIC

INDUCED SHOWERS AND TSRAS. STILL ANOTHER DAY WHERE ADDITIONAL ONE

INCH PLUS RAINFALL AMOUNTS NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION IN LOCALIZED

SPOTS AND REASON WE EXTENDED THE FFA. GIVEN HOW WARM THE SERN PART OF

OUR CWA REACHED TODAY, WE DID SIDE WITH THE HIER GFS MOS FOR MAX

TEMPS, WE MAY BE TOO TOASTY NW.

So, the answer is that we can expect more rain chances, but they won't be nearly as organized as we've seen. Normal hit and miss variety.

Some heavy downpours accompanied with lightning and some thunder at times here in. Drexel hill. Can't wait to see what the rain gauge shows.

from wunderground, looks like Drexel Hill got 3.23" since midnight, with most of it coming between 1-2am. You guys had a significant period (20-30 minutes) where rain rates were near 5" per hour. That's insane.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KPADREXE2

Susquehanna river at Harrisburg is hitting forecast levels 3 hours ahead of time so far and seems to be rising more rapidly each hour. The Swatara Creek right near Hershey Park has already crushed there all-time record of 16.3'. They are at 21.05' at 3:45 am and raising between .5' - .75' per hour. Here is the bad part, its forecasted crest was to be between 3pm and 4pm at only 20.1'. I cannot imagine the damage bill for hershey park when this is all over with.

Susquehanna river at Harrisburg is hitting forecast levels 3 hours ahead of time so far and seems to be rising more rapidly each hour. The Swatara Creek right near Hershey Park has already crushed there all-time record of 16.3'. They are at 21.05' at 3:45 am and raising between .5' - .75' per hour. Here is the bad part, its forecasted crest was to be between 3pm and 4pm at only 20.1'. I cannot imagine the damage bill for hershey park when this is all over with.

Looks, like the worst shifted into eastern pa over night. Getting slammed here in eastern pike county.

from wunderground, looks like Drexel Hill got 3.23" since midnight, with most of it coming between 1-2am. You guys had a significant period (20-30 minutes) where rain rates were near 5" per hour. That's insane.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KPADREXE2

Wow! That would explain why that basement fire my dept had earlier was in 3' of water. I'll have to wait for tomb to get his dp2 readings. Thanks for the heads up though! (I see this is his station possibly.) whew!

Another round of lightning : thunder and rain here.

Trying to get some sleep before I'm up at 6a for work.

Funny how my location got sandwiched in between the 2 firehoses. Since 6PM yesterday, a whopping .60".

hell, just think about how i just felt. I woke up around 4 am this morning, to flash flood warnings and rain pounding off my windows. I checked out the radar and was shocked to see all the rain over my area.

got less than half that amount about 30 miles south of you in that same period. Talk about sandwich. Can you imagine the outrage if this were winter!!

That's where part of my frustration lies. My location has been on the fringe of nearly every major weather event for over 2 years now. Also, while I admit that I want to see exciting weather, areas to my west didn't need any more heavy rain, and since we were "relatively dry" yesterday, we could have taken a good amount before any major problems arose.

wouldnt be surprised if we picked up a quick 1.5-2" of rain here in delco. Plenty enough for me. seems like this line has more of a NNE motion to it than a due N one. not outta the woods yet.

he must be talking bout his location bri...vp2 gauge has 3.36 since midnight, storm toal here in drexel hill is 7.72.... 3.36 so far today...4.36 the previous 2 days.

he must be talking bout his location bri...vp2 gauge has 3.36 since midnight, storm toal here in drexel hill is 7.72.... 3.36 so far today...4.36 the previous 2 days.

Yea, i forgot he was outta delco. 3.36" is incredible . Went to bed at 12 and saw radar didn't look " exciting" for our area.

Yea, i forgot he was outta delco. 3.36" is incredible . Went to bed at 12 and saw radar didn't look " exciting" for our area.

Yeah same with me, i kinda got a bit disapointed at first, wish i had gotten a phone call earlier but i thank Ryan from Folsom,NJ SmokeEater for calling me when he did, i just wish it were alot earlier i coulda grabbed the best lightning then.

Archived