12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Heavy rain 5 - 9 September OBS

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 7.85" here in Tamaqua for the event since midnight Sunday night/Monday morning.

I took a ride out west to try and get to the Susquehanna at Bloomsburg and couldn't get on I-80 west as it was closed. I ended up going up PA 93 to Berwick and got a couple of pics there that I will be posting later. There was talk of closing the Nescopeck/Berwick bridge so I got back across and gave up the notion of getting to Bloomsburg as I'd intended.

They are closing that bridge as of 12 noon my sources say. Nescopeck borough is about to flood. It floods at 36' and the river is at 34.5' as of 11:30 and still climbing.

Have you seen the pics from BGM susquehanna river? All that water is coming down stream.. Wilkes Barre is under the gun.

Can I ask 2 dumb questions? 1. If these are the remnants of Lee (a tropical storm), why all the thunder and lightning. I heard nothing during Irene. 2 If we have low pressure in place, what is preventing Katia from just coming onshore?

1) Lee has transitioned into a extratropical system.

2) The closed low with Lee is WAY off to the west. Winds aloft are more or less southerly between Lee and Katia.

The cloud tops to the north of the center of Katia have really cooled the last few hours, perhaps the SW flow is helping to enhance the outflow a bit, sort of like what happened with Irene. I'm still very unsure about what effects, if any Katia will bring to the area and I'm really anxious to see what the 12z SPC WRF shows since it nailed the precip yesterday.

Can we really trust the hydrograph forcast. Because it says 13ft on Neshaminy, and there is no way there is 13 feet, looks more like 19 feet in Croydon.

Well the Langhorne gauge is above the Fall Line, so naturally the Neshaminy gets much deeper south of US-1 and Neshaminy Falls.

That said, something looked screwy with AHPS and the USGS reporting ~10.5 feet, but the hydrograph showing a predicted crest at 17 ft. in a very short time from then. I haven't heard obs that support a 17 ft. crest, but I'm not witnessing this myself so I don't know.

Well the Langhorne gauge is above the Fall Line, so naturally the Neshaminy gets much deeper south of US-1 and Neshaminy Falls.

That said, something looked screwy with AHPS and the USGS reporting ~10.5 feet, but the hydrograph showing a predicted crest at 17 ft. in a very short time from then. I haven't heard obs that support a 17 ft. crest, but I'm not witnessing this myself so I don't know.

There is a communications problem with the Langhorne guage. We are using a backup method to get updates on the water level.

Archived