SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Irene Model and Forecast Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll send it further out to sea.

Guess it depends on your perspective. Deeper shortwave would set up a better anomaly for NE.

You'd really want it to dig further west than it is.

True. Though with the ridge where it is over the W Atl makes it difficult for this to escape.

Big changes at hr72, trough lifts out faster than 18z, More ridging offshore positioned further westward, weaker ridge inland.

I was originally thinking maybe a fish would result but it seems a bit less likely now.

Sometimes if you go too far in one direction.. then you end up right at where you were at.. Like taking 4 right turns.

In this case.. it dug so far that it stalls!

True. Though with the ridge where it is over the W Atl makes it difficult for this to escape.

sure.. i dunno. just seems the trough hits its "diggiest" about when crossing erie and it's positive tilt. i guess it helps open a channel but it looks like there is still an escape route to the southeast of new england.

The one encouraging thing is that it doesn't jet NE. In fact, it seems to trend from NNE to almost due N leading up to landfall.

It nearly literally goes around SC/NC. It heads NW to NNW and then goes N and NNE just to miss this area only to curve back N and then NNW to hit I-95. I know it's just weather and physics...but seriously, wtf?

It nearly literally goes around SC/NC. It heads NW to NNW and then goes N and NNE just to miss this area only to curve back N and then NNW to hit I-95. I know it's just weather and physics...but seriously, wtf?

It was hinted on the 18z GFS but few would have seen that -

00z through 150 would essentially be a Bob redux.

W of Bob...its near the RI/CT border and then tracks over interior E MA. Not that this difference is meaningful whatsoever at this time range, but thought I'd point out that verbatim it woud definitely be west of Bob.

W of Bob...its near the RI/CT border and then tracks over interior E MA. Not that this difference is meaningful whatsoever at this time range, but thought I'd point out that verbatim it woud definitely be west of Bob.

We're also talking like 132-144 hrs+ out... regional subforum material. :P

Archived