12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
lrene's Heavy Rain Impacts in PHL 8/29 - 8/31

ptb127

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riptide is talking about "mixing tornadoes down to the surface" in our forum. Please take him back. Thanks. He said he is "certainly not going to post in the Philly forum"

I'll do it on your behalf, because I care about you. Why are you filling up this sub-forum with irrelevant posts?

First showers arriving in SE PA.

This was the family's vacation week in the outer banks. We left there Thurs am to get ahead of the traffic. Ran into your thunderstorm around Smyrna DE. Drove through smoke from the VA swamp fire. Daughter felt the earthquake on the beach on Corolla. Bring it Irene. We're no weenies!

First showers arriving in SE PA.

This was the family's vacation week in the outer banks. We left there Thurs am to get ahead of the traffic. Ran into your thunderstorm around Smyrna DE. Drove through smoke from the VA swamp fire. Daughter felt the earthquake on the beach on Corolla. Bring it Irene. We're no weenies!

Sorry to break it to you...but have you looked around this place?

I expect tons of pics and videos for those of us out of town...especially those of you in delco ;)

I moved out to north dakota 5 weeks ago and have already missed 2 hailstorms in my hometown, an earthquake, and now possibly the first hurricane to strike jersey in over 100 years!

Hope you all enjoy such a rare event but be safe.

:raining::raining::raining:

I expect tons of pics and videos for those of us out of town...especially those of you in delco ;)

I moved out to north dakota 5 weeks ago and have already missed 2 hailstorms in my hometown, an earthquake, and now possibly the first hurricane to strike jersey in over 100 years!

Hope you all enjoy such a rare event but be safe.

:raining::raining::raining:

Poor timing, sorry your missing out on all the fun.

But enjoy the cold blasts, keep us informed as to how they feel up there. Now we here in Delco are awaiting the problems, I expect the Chester Creek to bad at a record flood stage and take out some of the roads and bridges it follows along.

Poor timing, sorry your missing out on all the fun.

But enjoy the cold blasts, keep us informed as to how they feel up there. Now we here in Delco are awaiting the problems, I expect the Chester Creek to bad at a record flood stage and take out some of the roads and bridges it follows along.

Yea I definitely see that happening. I'm thinking back to when Floyd came through in '99 and I imagine rainfall amounts will be very similar, at least in my neck of the woods.. but with record precip already this month I can't imagine how bad it may get come sunday morning.

And so it begins here in Media, PA. Outstanding job guys --- learning a lot and enjoying the 'fun'. My wife is 9 months pregnant, so I'm hoping my first born decides to stay where it's 'safe and warm' for the next 48 hours or so...

At Least Riddle is close or springfield also. But I wish you luck on this.

Convective fireup near the center- looking much better compared to earlier this morning. Might even be trending a bit west of forecasted track?

I mentioned this in the NYC thread, but this isn't unusual for a storm making landfall. The sudden increase in convergence due to the increased friction over land often causes a burst of convection near the center as it moves ashore.

At Least Riddle is close or springfield also. But I wish you luck on this.

Thanks man. We are registered for Riddle and about 10 minutes away (down on the border of Brookhaven and Media). She's sleeping next to me now and is quite frankly 'scared'. I'm trying to stay 'calm', but 12 large, 60 year old Tulip trees on my property don't ease my own nerves...

Thanks man. We are registered for Riddle and about 10 minutes away (down on the border of Brookhaven and Media). She's sleeping next to me now and is quite frankly 'scared'. I'm trying to stay 'calm', but 12 large, 60 year old Tulip trees on my property don't ease my own nerves...

Yeah i dont blame you on the nerves thing, the most important situation at hand for you is to keep her calm and rested and relaxed. I know your worries with the tree's. Hopefully no damage to them or anywhere.

Yea I definitely see that happening. I'm thinking back to when Floyd came through in '99 and I imagine rainfall amounts will be very similar, at least in my neck of the woods.. but with record precip already this month I can't imagine how bad it may get come sunday morning.

Jesse! I hope its going well out in the plains! I decided last week that I was going to chase this from Atlantic City, but then they evacuated so I'm home in Philly for it. It sucks you can't experience it. (JShcwake28 and I were freshmen roommates in PSU, he introduced me to eastern back in the day laugh.gif).

I am fully expecting there to be extreme flooding and wind gusts to 60mph in the immediate PHL metro area. I even have my handheld anemometer with me! Let's see what she can do...

I mentioned this in the NYC thread, but this isn't unusual for a storm making landfall. The sudden increase in convergence due to the increased friction over land often causes a burst of convection near the center as it moves ashore.

Or the warm sounds and swamps it is tracking over, much warmer then the ocean.

Or the warm sounds and swamps it is tracking over, much warmer then the ocean.

Not really. There's still a continuing increase in land effects. That is continuing to encourage a weakening trend. I know people have quoted Danny but that wasn't even a TS before it got to the area. Big difference between that and a big hurricane.

And so it begins here in Media, PA. Outstanding job guys --- learning a lot and enjoying the 'fun'. My wife is 9 months pregnant, so I'm hoping my first born decides to stay where it's 'safe and warm' for the next 48 hours or so...

Be careful storms can induce labor

Not really. There's still a continuing increase in land effects. That is continuing to encourage a weakening trend. I know people have quoted Danny but that wasn't even a TS before it got to the area. Big difference between that and a big hurricane.

It's not my theory, but the late John Hope's tropical storm expert..

Archived