• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
lrene's Heavy Rain Impacts in PHL 8/29 - 8/31

ptb127

kind of OT, but anyone having issues with iphone4 with AT&T?

im expecting a tornado watch here later in the day for philly. Westward shift of track, and De being under one, seems like only a matter of time.

I sure hope not...planning on ustreaming using my phone and ipad tonight and tomorrow.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new pt and click out for zones, mine just got updated...previously was 60mph

Tonight: Tropical storm conditions expected, with hurricane conditions possible. Periods of rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Low around 69. Northeast wind 40 to 50 mph increasing to between 45 and 55 mph. Winds could gust as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts in excess of 4 inches possible.

Same here and same in some of the Hurricane zones.

I fear for people living along the Delaware River, here in Pike County Pa. Looks like some evacuation orders have been given for Matamoras and Port Jervice Ny.

Mike you being at 2k+ I would not be surprised if you get some 60-70 mph wind gust. Looks like us eastern counties could get close to a foot of rain too.

My area ranges from 1,200-1,500 feet so I also expect strong winds.

Models this morning/afternoon keep backing the low nw as it reaches Nyc area, Horrible for NEPA.

I am the furthest thing from an expert, but I really looks like we are going to see a further west inland flooding issue than is being predicted

All system always seem to have a few surprises. A shift a bit westward or an expansion a bit westward with the excessive rainfall is a definite possibility despite some model guidance. Regardless many areas will see very excessive rainfall and thus serious flooding.

Tornado warning for Sussex County, DE

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

1212 PM EDT SAT AUG 27 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

EAST CENTRAL SUSSEX COUNTY IN SOUTHERN DELAWARE...

* UNTIL 1245 PM EDT

* AT 1210 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR REHOBOTH

BEACH...OR 17 MILES SOUTH OF CAPE MAY...MOVING WEST AT 35 MPH.

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

REHOBOTH BEACH BY 1220 PM EDT...

LEWES BY 1230 PM EDT...

The early 12Z hurricane models are mainly clustered on that 06Z GFS track, again I think they are grossly over exaggerating the impacts for NYC on a storm that hugs the coast that long...I cannot envision anyway it remains a hurricane hugging the coast from NC all the way to Queens or Brooklyn. And considering the global models have generally been west of the hurricane ones I'd expect they may come even further west at 12Z.

I remember the late John Hope saying that area is warm marshland and can sustain a hurricane, just a thought.

Didn't Hurricane Danny actually strengthen over that area?

Archived