Newest Member
    mowsee447
lrene's Heavy Rain Impacts in PHL 8/29 - 8/31

ptb127

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if this was winter ray would have a shrine to the euro up and running

GFS's strength has always been tropical systems, while the EC is extra-tropical systems. It makes sense given their developers (America's biggest storms are hurricanes, Europe's big ones come from the north Atlantic).

GFS's strength has always been tropical systems, while the EC is extra-tropical systems. It makes sense given their developers (America's biggest storms are hurricanes, Europe's big ones come from the north Atlantic).

i see, still u gotta admit...granted the euro on a couple runs were tracking this over phl but it has been pretty consistent on del bay or scraping the coast....it always has had hvy rains while the gfs had 3 or 4 runs where it was well east.

Flooding is obviously the biggest concern, but I live on top of a hill. The biggest concern for me are the trees that surround my house. How fast do you think the winds will be in SE PA given the weakening and the NAM/Euro track verifying.

How tall are the trees and how close to the house are they?

Flooding is obviously the biggest concern, but I live on top of a hill. The biggest concern for me are the trees that surround my house. How fast do you think the winds will be in SE PA given the weakening and the NAM/Euro track verifying.

i think 50-60 is reasonable wouldnt be shocked to see a few 60 plus

IMO Yes. Perhaps a mini-PRE.

I agree yes. Just look at the overall east coast radar and see the motion. It is developing well in advance on the east to se flow. Any rain from here on out is at the very least indirectly related to Irene.

Pictures would help, but I would probably not worry about trees only that tall.

Consider my house, a dead man walking, lol. I've got at least 50-60 foot pine trees surrounding my house, and every other house in Collings Lakes. I'll be sure to get tons of pictures of the destruction. :lol:

lol i got a 50 ft sweet gum 6 ft from my house and like an 80 ft eastern white pine bout 40 ft from my house

Trees IMBY aren't really the concern - it's the Met-Ed facility 1/2 mile from my house that seems to be surrounded by a tree farm. I'm preparing for power loss. Of course, with 2 little kids, we don't do much after dark anyway, so as long as our Kindles and lights are charged, we're good.

I'm going to be in Morris Co. early tomorrow, but will be heading back to Northampton Co. mid to late afternoon. If anyone is interested, my WX station is once again uploading to Wundergound: Check it!

lol i got a 50 ft sweet gum 6 ft from my house and like an 80 ft eastern white pine bout 40 ft from my house

Haha, yeah I grew up with 60-80 foot trees within 20 feet of nearly every side of my parents house. They've since removed most of them, and will need to eventually remove the remaining one as it is infected with bacterial leaf scorch and is gradually succumbing. There are still some large trees 40-50 feet behind the house in the range of 60-80 feet.

Haha, yeah I grew up with 60-80 foot trees within 20 feet of nearly every side of my parents house. They've since removed most of them, and will need to eventually remove the remaining one as it is infected with bacterial leaf scorch and is gradually succumbing. There are still some large trees 40-50 feet behind the house in the range of 60-80 feet.

oak trees?

Consider my house, a dead man walking, lol. I've got at least 50-60 foot pine trees surrounding my house, and every other house in Collings Lakes. I'll be sure to get tons of pictures of the destruction. :lol:

stay safe brother.

Good luck during the storm. Here in Southern Palmer, the only time I have had a power issue is when a substation transformer blew near the Lehigh River which is just south of my development. I have not seen any storm related power outages since I've lived here (3 years). The power here is all run from the nearby substation and not direct lines within the community so I think we have a better chance to keep power.

Trees IMBY aren't really the concern - it's the Met-Ed facility 1/2 mile from my house that seems to be surrounded by a tree farm. I'm preparing for power loss. Of course, with 2 little kids, we don't do much after dark anyway, so as long as our Kindles and lights are charged, we're good.

I'm going to be in Morris Co. early tomorrow, but will be heading back to Northampton Co. mid to late afternoon. If anyone is interested, my WX station is once again uploading to Wundergound: Check it!

stay safe brother.

Oh yea man, will do. You do the same. It's usually not a good sign, when I took the engine to get fuel tonight, saw an AC Electric trouble guy there fueling up also. I jokingly said to him, you guys are gonna have a fun few days coming up. Only thing he told me? Get a generator, you're gonna need it. :lightning:

Archived