• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
lrene's Heavy Rain Impacts in PHL 8/29 - 8/31

ptb127

Oh yea man, will do. You do the same. It's usually not a good sign, when I took the engine to get fuel tonight, saw an AC Electric trouble guy there fueling up also. I jokingly said to him, you guys are gonna have a fun few days weeks coming up. Only thing he told me? Get a generator, you're gonna need it. :lightning:

Fixed.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yea man, will do. You do the same. It's usually not a good sign, when I took the engine to get fuel tonight, saw an AC Electric trouble guy there fueling up also. I jokingly said to him, you guys are gonna have a fun few days coming up. Only thing he told me? Get a generator, you're gonna need it. :lightning:

Yeah to all emergency personal we have on here be safe the next couple of days. Hopefully you won't be needed too much.

Just a side note, AC is being completely evacuated. Dozens of buses are taking people that don't have transportation, as far away as Trenton, and 3 EMS Task Forces from Atlantic, Camden and Gloucester are taking the ambulatory patients to hospitals, or wherever else they are needed. Didn't know about this until I got home, and turned on the house scanner. Don't know if the news has any wind of it or not, but the OEM's really aren't screwing around with this one. Looks like nobody wants to make the mistakes that were made in Katrina.

so far looks like the gfs has the right placement and right on the track of the nhc...between cape lookout and hse but favored towards lookout

Based on the radar imagery from Wilmington and Moorhead City, it looks like the GFS is already too far west at 6 hours, since the eye is just about due south of Cape Lookout right now. Maybe just a wobble...

Based on the radar imagery from Wilmington and Moorhead City, it looks like the GFS is already too far west at 6 hours, since the eye is just about due south of Cape Lookout right now. Maybe just a wobble...

per this radar http://radar.weather...101111&loop=yes

assuming that pinhole is the center loos lie landfall bout 25 miles east of lookout little wobble to due n maybe nnw at the end of the image.

I agree yes. Just look at the overall east coast radar and see the motion. It is developing well in advance on the east to se flow. Any rain from here on out is at the very least indirectly related to Irene.

Radar seems to be breaking out a bit more...

PRE getting started?

Don't say that. I just got to sea isle city. I want to experience hurricane force winds

If it makes landfall in NC as a cat 1 as now seems likely... it also seems likely that there's little hope of it making it up to NJ as a hurricane. But, par for the course.

Archived