Newest Member
    joxey
Nzucker leaving the NYC area

Alpha5

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll always be a New Yorker at heart though. :(

I will be home for a month around XMAS, so I'm sure I'll post plenty about the winter pattern then in the NYC threads. We also have a break in mid February that I might come back to Dobbs Ferry for.

Also, I might eventually return to NYC metro for a teaching position at a public school. The salaries in Westchester blow everything else out of the water...my mom makes over 100k teaching French in Mt. Vernon NY.

I will be home for a month around XMAS, so I'm sure I'll post plenty about the winter pattern then in the NYC threads. We also have a break in mid February that I might come back to Dobbs Ferry for.

Also, I might eventually return to NYC metro for a teaching position at a public school. The salaries in Westchester blow everything else out of the water...my mom makes over 100k teaching French in Mt. Vernon NY.

Well that sounds good. And yeah, teaching salaries can pay quite well especially after years of working. My grandmother eventually got up to 80-90K but she taught for 45 years.

The schedule sounds like a college one, month off at Christmas, then a break later. Not bad.

You'll be missed man, good luck up there.

BTW, how much snow does that part of NH average annually?

Probably around 82-83", but Rindge saw near 100" in 07-08 so it really depends on how many SW flow events we get.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I will miss my hometown dearly, but the start of a career and new life requires sacrifices. And being surrounded by nature on a 1700-acre campus isn't too bad a sacrifice. I will be posting NYC obs during the major vacations like XMAS and Feb break..

Probably around 82-83", but Rindge saw near 100" in 07-08 so it really depends on how many SW flow events we get.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. I will miss my hometown dearly, but the start of a career and new life requires sacrifices. And being surrounded by nature on a 1700-acre campus isn't too bad a sacrifice. I will be posting NYC obs during the major vacations like XMAS and Feb break..

Good luck up in the real mountains, Nate ;) I'm sure you'll be starting a garden up there before long :P

I tried for the NYC teaching fellowship program, but didn't get accepted. I finally found a private school that matched my interests, so I'm ready to seal the deal.

Good luck and all the best. You will only be a keyboard away!! Hope you can push some of the cold air and precip down the Hudson valley for us this winter.

Nate good luck with everything......im sure you will be back in the nyc metro again.....hope to still read ur opions for our area this winter

I'll be putting out a full winter forecast in October, as usual.

Also, I expect to be in Dobbs Ferry from mid-Dec to mid-Jan, primetime for snow and arctic outbreaks.

BTW thanks for the kind words, everyone.

all joking aside, good luck. have fun up there man. mount zucker will go silent this winter.

can we send metfan up there to man the station?

Thanks so much, man...I'm really excited for the job. My mom has been a lifelong foreign language teacher, and it's been my dream to follow in her footsteps since I was young. I'm going to be entrusted with designing a very personal curriculum for special-education students, with whom I will be working in small groups. The salary is 20k plus full room and board....this includes an apartment with all the amenities paid for including Internet. So it's not a bad package, and the landscape of the campus is awe-inspiring with 1700 acres of mostly wilderness, among this three lakes for swimming, canoeing, and rowing...boats are provided by the school. Really seems like a great place to start a career.

Thanks so much, man...I'm really excited for the job. My mom has been a lifelong foreign language teacher, and it's been my dream to follow in her footsteps since I was young. I'm going to be entrusted with designing a very personal curriculum for special-education students, with whom I will be working in small groups. The salary is 20k plus full room and board....this includes an apartment with all the amenities paid for including Internet. So it's not a bad package, and the landscape of the campus is awe-inspiring with 1700 acres of mostly wilderness, among this three lakes for swimming, canoeing, and rowing...boats are provided by the school. Really seems like a great place to start a career.

That's going to be a very rewarding experience. The kids will love you, and you'll probably become attached to them as well given it's a small group and you're working with them for the year. I couldn't believe the joy I had after teaching some this summer. You're going into a job where you'll feel wanted every day (won't name jobs, but there are plenty where you don't get the level of satisfaction you do with teaching).

Sounds like a great start to your career, good luck and have fun man!

Archived