• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post a recent picture of yourself

LithiaWx

This is me with my new car (at the time, which was in May) a 2000 Grand Am. Had a straight pipe on the back of the thing, only cost me $1,200 dollars. Great condition as well.

Btw, no I do not have the chinstrap look anymore either lol. I liked the style at the time, but I got tired of it and shaved it off. Clean cut now.

post-4904-0-04186600-1322761722.jpg

No...I look nothing like Veronica Corningstone (which is most unfortunate for me)...but I do have the most awesome baby girl on the planet. She's not really happy about having pictures taken, tho.

post-1694-0-74427600-1322762261.jpg

Hopefully, she'll get to see her first snow before too long. I'm pretty sure that'll turn her frown upside down. :)

This is me with my new car (at the time, which was in May) a 2000 Grand Am. Had a straight pipe on the back of the thing, only cost me $1,200 dollars. Great condition as well.

Btw, no I do not have the chinstrap look anymore either lol. I liked the style at the time, but I got tired of it and shaved it off. Clean cut now.

Only? LOL..

Always a fan of Pontiacs, yours looks fine (the previous owner appears to have taken good care of it.) In high school I drove a '61 Pontiac Ventura (which then was a 2-door "Sport Bonneville with 389 V8" and not the ugly creature that years later stole the name "Ventura.") And speaking of Pontiac, the most beautiful car I ever owned was a '69 metallic dark green Catalina with 4bbl 400 V8. Ya don't see styling like that anymore! (And fuel mileage was just fine as long as you left the second pair of carbeurator barrels alone, ha-ha.)

Some people probably don't realize these big engines with 4-barrel carbeurators were not automatically "gas hogs." The accelerator linkage only activated the first 2 carbeurator barrels for normal driving which gave reasonably good fuel mileage. It was only under unusual circumstances (rapid acceleration, passing, very-high-speed cruising) when the carbeurator linkage activated all 4-barrels. You could cruise a highway at 70mph by barely touching the gas pedal....but at 80mph or higher, you were "on the pedal" and burning fuel like crazy. These big cars with big engines were "designed" to cruise at reasonable speeds...and to make you pay for (illegal) high-speed driving through the gas tank!

pimp.gif

Always a fan of Pontiacs, yours looks fine (the previous owner appears to have taken good care of it.) In high school I drove a '61 Pontiac Ventura (which then was a 2-door "Sport Bonneville with 389 V8" and not the ugly creature that years later stole the name "Ventura.") And speaking of Pontiac, the most beautiful car I ever owned was a '69 metallic dark green Catalina with 4bbl 400 V8. Ya don't see styling like that anymore! (And fuel mileage was just fine as long as you left the second pair of carbeurator barrels alone, ha-ha.)

Some people probably don't realize these big engines with 4-barrel carbeurators were not automatically "gas hogs." The accelerator linkage only activated the first 2 carbeurator barrels for normal driving which gave reasonably good fuel mileage. It was only under unusual circumstances (rapid acceleration, passing, very-high-speed cruising) when the carbeurator linkage activated all 4-barrels. You could cruise a highway at 70mph by barely touching the gas pedal....but at 80mph or higher, you were "on the pedal" and burning fuel like crazy. These big cars with big engines were "designed" to cruise at reasonable speeds...and to make you pay for (illegal) high-speed driving through the gas tank!

pimp.gif

800 cfm Quadrajet. Had one on one of my Firebirds. It was the largest Quadrajet made. My dad had a 1973 Catalina with a 455 and dual exhaust. I've owned 5 Pontiacs, two 1970's, a Formula 400 and Ram Air III Trans Am, two 1973's, just a base Firebird and a Trans Am, and a 1980 Trans Am. I guess you could say I like Pontiacs too.

motor+015.JPG

Here is a picture of me and my girlfriend along the Davao Gulf. This was taken across the street from my apartment here in Mindanao in the Southern Philippines. No need to post obs from here as everyday is always the same. Partly sunny by day, thunderstorms after dark. The high is always around 87 give or take a degree, and the low is usually around 72. I will not be seeing any snow this Winter season for sure.

post-1075-0-55364000-1323006510.jpg

800 cfm Quadrajet. Had one on one of my Firebirds. It was the largest Quadrajet made. My dad had a 1973 Catalina with a 455 and dual exhaust. I've owned 5 Pontiacs, two 1970's, a Formula 400 and Ram Air III Trans Am, two 1973's, just a base Firebird and a Trans Am, and a 1980 Trans Am. I guess you could say I like Pontiacs too.

motor+015.JPG

Nice intake manifold too he-he. (Yea...my eyes caught that.)

ahh why not?

Looks like you had a great time happy.png

Here is a picture of me and my girlfriend along the Davao Gulf. This was taken across the street from my apartment here in Mindanao in the Southern Philippines. No need to post obs from here as everyday is always the same. Partly sunny by day, thunderstorms after dark. The high is always around 87 give or take a degree, and the low is usually around 72. I will not be seeing any snow this Winter season for sure.

Great picture thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Halloween. My girl loves the chipmunks. Made me be Alvin.

She is adorable happy.png

This was taken the other night in front of our Christmas tree that my daughter took of me.

:hug:

This summer flying my Cessna around Georgia.

What a view biggrin.png

Figured we needed a photo to remind us what winter looks like, so here is one from one of the '09 storms back home around HKY (and yes, that is what happens when you give a snow-loving engineer a shovel, stairs and some time)

DSC_0085.jpg

And now one of me hunting, maybe I'll put up a wedding pic sometime soon to show off the wife tongue.png

photo.jpg

Figured we needed a photo to remind us what winter looks like, so here is one from one of the '09 storms back home around HKY (and yes, that is what happens when you give a snow-loving engineer a shovel, stairs and some time)

And now one of me hunting, maybe I'll put up a wedding pic sometime soon to show off the wife tongue.png

Looks like you had fun in the snow...it's what my kids would try to do!

• Wow locked this topic
  • jburns unlocked this topic