12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
DC/MD/VA/WV General Obs/Disc: mid-July - end of August

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry..couldn't help myself...everything died as it approached me yesterday...although until i move from my current place i kinda root for no real heavy rain (>1.5 in/hr) after the ceiling flood of last summer

maybe so a bit.. tho i was thniking a bit imbyish there..most of yesterday's stuff was nw/w of dc at least

I wonder if this is a case where the elevated stuff at night might be more impressive than during the day...

looks like we might have enough action to roll off the higher terrain later now.. doubt it goes that deep into the night

Nice gap o' precip where the high clouds were earlier... now that they've dissipated, it looks like the storms can slowly fill in. Not sure how strong they'll get... parameters look fine. Hopefully the outflow crossing the MD/PA border can trigger more storms going into the early evening.

Nice gap o' precip where the high clouds were earlier... now that they've dissipated, it looks like the storms can slowly fill in. Not sure how strong they'll get... parameters look fine. Hopefully the outflow crossing the MD/PA border can trigger more storms going into the early evening.

Its the best we will get... 1500-2000 MLCAPE, 2000-2500 SBCAPE, LI's -5 to -8... LL Lapse Rates are okay.. ML Lapse rates 6.0ish, maybe a bit higher per 2000 SPC meso. Its the lack of shear that sucks today

TCU going up now to my east.. just moved into the 13th story of a building.. great view

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

453 PM EDT FRI AUG 19 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

CENTRAL WASHINGTON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL MARYLAND...

BERKELEY COUNTY IN THE PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...

MORGAN COUNTY IN THE PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...

* UNTIL 600 PM EDT

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

525 PM EDT FRI AUG 19 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN CLARKE COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...

WESTERN JEFFERSON COUNTY IN THE PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...

SOUTHWESTERN BERKELEY COUNTY IN THE PANHANDLE OF WEST VIRGINIA...

EASTERN FREDERICK COUNTY IN NORTHWEST VIRGINIA...

* UNTIL 615 PM EDT

Archived