• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Check-in thread

Hoosier

This reminds me of something I'd like to see but doubt that it would work or be accepted. It would be nice to have an off topic thread for those of us who post in the central/western section. Since I'm not a regular, I don't post in the off topic forum and I'm not sure how many of us peruse that forum. I only briefly glance through it. I know in the past when I attempted to post there, I was either ignored or flamed since I wasn't a part of the "group." Anyway, just an idea. Thoughts?

It's probably wise to just avoid OT all together. ;) But it is cliquey. I tend to stick to the sports forum where everyone tends to be cool. As for a central/western OT thread....eh, it probably won't fly in here I'm guessing...but good idea.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of something I'd like to see but doubt that it would work or be accepted. It would be nice to have an off topic thread for those of us who post in the central/western section. Since I'm not a regular, I don't post in the off topic forum and I'm not sure how many of us peruse that forum. I only briefly glance through it. I know in the past when I attempted to post there, I was either ignored or flamed since I wasn't a part of the "group." Anyway, just an idea. Thoughts?

You might want to ask the SNE'ers about the whole OT threads on the weather side thing. :lol:

I do think OT can become a little cliquish at times (at least it did at Eastern), but I'm not sure about having a dedicated OT thread in the weather forum. It's understandable that folks want to stray OT a bit...in many cases we have known each other for quite a long time. There has/will be been a little more allowance for that in the monthly threads in this subforum as long as it doesn't get out of control.

This is a new board, and while most people migrated over from Eastern, I would suggest you give the OT forum here a try.

You might want to ask the SNE'ers about the whole OT threads on the weather side thing. :lol:

I do think OT can become a little cliquish at times (at least it did at Eastern), but I'm not sure about having a dedicated OT thread in the weather forum. It's understandable that folks want to stray OT a bit...in many cases we have known each other for quite a long time. There has/will be been a little more allowance for that in the monthly threads in this subforum as long as it doesn't get out of control.

This is a new board, and while most people migrated over from Eastern, I would suggest you give the OT forum here a try.

Oh, I understand completely. I was just thinking out loud. I know that it might be asking for trouble. I never strayed much from our side of the forum, so I'm not sure what happened to the SNE'ers. The monthly threads are a good place to stray off topic a little, especially if the moderator is lenient :). I enjoy reading about how BowMe is freezing his 'nads off while hunting bambi and the such.

I don't know about you guys but I'm not digging this new forum skin. Runs very choppy with my Firefox browser. Does anyone know if there's an option to change back to the original skin? Almost unbearable the way it is now.:axe:

Bottom left hand corner drop down box. Use Eastern Throwback to go back to the original skin.

Thanks man, works much better again with the "throwback" version lol. Too bad as I really liked the look of the new skin, just really choppy with my browser for some reason.

If you want, let Wow know about the choppiness in the OT thread dedicated to the new skin. I'm sure he'll work out the bugs.

Archived