• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
June 29th - July 4th Severe Weather Threat

SEMIweather

If that is for Waukegen then yeah that is pretty obvious as to what that is... and there was a fairly good couplet at the time. The question is, whether or not this is on shore or off shore there. Based upon the locations of the boats in relation to the google maps imagery of Waukegen Harbor, this would probably be more NNE and close to shore but probably on land.

The couplet was several miles offshore.

This would have been associated with the RFD.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possibly.

Could have even been just dirt/debris being blown southward by the strong RFD.

Add in that Waukegan Harbor gusted to 94mph too.

A wider view pic would have helped in this case.

There was a waterspout that was reported E of Zion with that storm, this might be the waterspout that could have skimmed the shoreline as it trekked SSW.

I don't remember it being several miles off shore, maybe 4-5 at most at the point at which it was passing Waukegen.

4-5 miles is a long way off though relatively speaking. Either way the picture really doesn't reveal much. It's hard to tell whether that's blowing dust or actual condensation due to the lack of picture quality/distortion.

4-5 miles is a long way off though relatively speaking. Either way the picture really doesn't reveal much. It's hard to tell whether that's blowing dust or actual condensation due to the lack of picture quality/distortion.

Yeah I removed my post after going through the radar briefing link that someone posted, for whatever reason I thought it was closer but it wasn't.

new day 1 outlook mentions beefier probs possible

RELATIVE CONCENTRATION OF CONVECTION NEAR FRONT DURING MID-LATE AFTERNOON...COMBINED WITH AREAS OF STG TO EXTREME INSTABILITY...MAY FOCUS AOA 30% CONCENTRATION OF SVR WIND OR HAIL POTENTIAL. HOWEVER...COVERAGE/TIMNG UNCERTAINTY PRECLUDES SUCH CORRIDOR OF PROBABILITIES ATTM.

Anyone see the spotter network reports from Joshua David up there? :arrowhead:

Two more...

"very bad wind. low wall cloud. very high wind. can be tornado. i donot no. may have to sound the sirens very high winds"

"this storm coming off of lake michigan is a very big electrical storm. there is high wind, penny size hail, and horizontal rain (because of wind). very bad electrical storm. i repeat very bad. there is cloud to ground lightning strikes and there is just random ones."

Two more...

"very bad wind. low wall cloud. very high wind. can be tornado. i donot no. may have to sound the sirens very high winds"

"this storm coming off of lake michigan is a very big electrical storm. there is high wind, penny size hail, and horizontal rain (because of wind). very bad electrical storm. i repeat very bad. there is cloud to ground lightning strikes and there is just random ones."

Maybe he had his 2nd grade kid call/type in the report?

Two more...

These are reports he sent in? I don't think :facepalm: is strong enough to convey my feelings.

Nice line of tstorms building across southwestern Ontario, watch just issued :popcorn:

SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
ISSUED BY ENVIRONMENT CANADA
AT 8:24 AM EDT SATURDAY 2 JULY 2011.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
WATCHES/WARNINGS IN EFFECT FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO...

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH FOR:
=NEW= CITY OF CHATHAM-KENT - RONDEAU PARK
=NEW= SARNIA - LAMBTON COUNTY
=NEW= LONDON - MIDDLESEX COUNTY
=NEW= HURON COUNTY - PERTH COUNTY
     SAUGEEN SHORES - KINCARDINE - SOUTHERN BRUCE COUNTY.

..SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE THIS MORNING..

THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE
     THUNDERSTORMS WITH LARGE HAIL, DAMAGING WINDS OR HEAVY
     RAINFALL..MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS AND LISTEN FOR UPDATED
     BULLETINS.

We have some friends who apparently were doing a fishing charter and did make it back in to Waukegan before this all hit. They took cover in the basement of one of the marinas. I don't know if this was their location. They lost the windshield on their boat and said there were several flipped sailboat.

I'd say those high 75+ straight lines would have no issue doing all of that. I sent them the link to the pic and will see how they comment.

Convective debris from the storms in Ontario is expanding westward, overtaking the sun momentarily.

I'm assuming you're in Eastern Wayne county?

I'm on the western fringe, and it's been either full sunshine or filtered sunshine most of the morning. :)

Archived