northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Potential significant severe weather Wednesday

earthlight

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it possible that there is so much CAPE that the minimal 30-35kt shear is not enough to maintain these pulsers right now?

Its usually more common for the shear to be too strong with lacking instability...I think generally too much CAPE and lesser shear is not as much an inhibitor.

I think we all will be lucky if we see more then a 15 min shower......this type of set-up can happen all the time out west, and not produce. In our case we dont get to see this type of set-up all the time, but it still does not have to produce....second year in a row we had a tor watch and has yet to produce a severe storm in our region.

I think we all will be luck if we see more then a 15 min shower......this type of set-up can happen all the time out west, and not produce. In our case we dont get to see this type of set-up all the time, but it still does not have to produce....second year in a row we had a tor watch and has yet to produce a severe storm in our region.

Yeah but last year had what? 3 confirmed tornados in Queens and Brooklyn? Maybe 4?

Yeah but last year had what? 3 confirmed tornados in Queens and Brooklyn? Maybe 4?

I believe those where severe t-storm watches before those events.....last year we had a tor watch, that failed to produce a shower in our area.......thats what im getting at. It happens, it was a great set-up just did not work out

I believe those where severe t-storm watches before those events.....last year we had a tor watch, that failed to produce a shower in our area.......thats what im getting at. It happens, it was a great set-up just did not work out

they issued a small tornado watch just for that one storm last year, and quickly dropped it once it passed offshore. Started showing rotation over Orange County and had tornado warnings the whole way.

Archived