e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Potential significant severe weather Wednesday

earthlight

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There looks to be some instability even in the Western half of LI. Only Eastern LI look to have the stable air to me so I think everybody except eastern LI should have good shot of getting thunderstorms at least if not severe storms from the city and westward.

I would expect the line to organize/strengthen as it enters the more favorable environment, will be interesting to watch it unfold.

Those storms are already in a very favorable enviornment, I think there is something missing right now, and I'm not sure what it is yet. The instability is rapidly dropping behind that line. We might be screwed. Still a long time to watch things play out.

By the way it is 79/69 here so do think this condensible for thunderstorms here? If it was only in the 60's with a SE wind than I would call this a strong marine layer and most likely the storms would weaken and die into just general rain showers or cloud debris.

Those storms are already in a very favorable enviornment, I think there is something missing right now, and I'm not sure what it is yet. The instability is rapidly dropping behind that line. We might be screwed. Still a long time to watch things play out.

Stop jinxing lets see how it plays out.

Things starting to percolate a wee bit here at the battery. A few cumulus humilis and mediocris. Shear is obvious from cloud shapes. I have a terrific view in all directions but north (being 35 stories up helps), so if something is cooking I'll see it.

the storms are outrunning the forcing, shear is present but not great and the forcing is also present but not great. Plus the CAP is not allowing for the full CAPE to be realized. We need some strong storms to get going and form a nice cold pool aloft.

One thing I don't like is the direction they are moving in I rather them to move more ESE or SE oppose to due than due East.

1. Hold together when they reach the coast

2. More likely to both the city and island

3. Form a nice cluster and go into more unstable environment

The storms near Allentown will clip NYC. We just need them to strengthen a bit for us to have fun.

doubt it, the storms are not moving in that direction.

A big supercell just popped northewest of Middletown. Our best shot would be to see it quickly rotate and make a hard right turn. Other than that, not seeing anything too impressive at the moment.

doubt it, the storms are not moving in that direction.

A big supercell just popped northewest of Middletown. Our best shot would be to see it quickly rotate and make a hard right turn. Other than that, not seeing anything too impressive at the moment.

They are moving ESE. At this current path, northern NYC and SWCT would get clipped.

That supercell northwest of middletown looks wicked.

New cell has popped up just northwest of Allentown, due east brings it to Brooklyn/Queens.

we want these cells to pop between 3:30 and 5:00 (the later the better due to the progged increase in shear), not seeing a ton of action right now is a good thing, unless you want a squall line to congeal in the tor area rather than supercells

Archived