• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer Thread

Was in Gettysburg last night for a graduation ceremony, and of course the storms had to form just as the ceremony was getting started *twas inside*.

AC I hope? My graduation was in a building that had the AC break and it was 90 outside. Ugh.

Do you or anyone else think that convection over OH will make it here later today? My garden was asking whistle.gif

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

minor damage here but lots of tree and wires down to my north and Columbia.

I was just outside of Lititz at my son's baseball game, and found several trees down in my development upon my return home. My wife said it was the strongest wind she can ever remember (worse than Isabelle) and we had pea sized hail.

Had a decent mini line of storms roll thru a bit ago. I just happened to get back from work in Altoona in time to catch some pictures of the gust front before it rolled through from the Bellwood park and ride off of I-99. Some decent winds, no hail though. You probably won't see it well in the photo but the sky had a bit of a greenish hue to it, so I thought I might see some hail.

post-1507-0-55963900-1307741934.jpg

Getting nailed hard right now. Very heavy rain and a lot of lightning. Good stuff.

man areas south of me got smacked hard. I'v heard reports of up to 2.5" from last nights batch. It's interesting because I only picked up drizzle. HPC busted a little on their predictions of heavier rain in the northern part of PA and southern areas of NY. Most of the heavy rain axis settled in the central and southern regions of PA. Today looks somewhat interesting again, wondering where the heavy rain will set up again.

tor warning...couplet going right over pennman....hope he's ok.

We're miles and miles from Annville now--hope Jeff and others can keep us updated on Lebanon County.

Please let us know if you're okay, Jeff...

[<a href="http://www.weather.gov/view/prodsByState.php?state=PA&prodtype=public#iwintop" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); text-decoration: none; ">top]000NWUS51 KCTP 120013LSRCTPPRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA813 PM EDT SAT JUN 11 2011..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON.....DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.... ..REMARKS..0751 PM TORNADO LEBANON 40.34N 76.42W06/11/2011 LEBANON PA PUBLIC TORNADO IN NORTH ANNVILLE TWSP. - EXTENSIVE DEBRIS&&EVENT NUMBER CTP1100262

All is well here NE of Lebanon. Our anemometer registered a whopping 8mph gust right before the storm hit...then things went pretty much calm. laugh.gif Very heavy rain, over an inch..putting us at 3" for the day. The thunder as the storm approached was awesome...absolutely no breaks in the rumbling. A few strikes close enough to send our older cat to the basement. Our new kitten was unfazed and mostly asleep during the whole thing.

Looks like some more storms developing WSW of me here....don't really need any more rain...the driveway is covered in mud already.

Raining heavily here again. Looks like one more small cell after this to move through and then we might be in the clear....I hope.

Must be nice, I'v had boring sunny skies to occasional Cloudy weather. I got a wopping .03" since yesterday :thumbsup: . I wonder if anything else is going to fire before the front clears out.

Archived