Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Summer Thread

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearing a continuous roar for maybe 10 minutes now. I'm downwind of the potential tornado. Could that be what I'm hearing?

Manheim's quite a far ways from where the possible tornado would have been at.

Rotation looks to me like its really fallen apart. But the warnings have been posted recently for Southern York.

Well, 2 tornado warnings specifically for Maytown during the past 19 hours. We ended up with nearly 4" of rain last night, and had yet another downpour this afternoon, but as far as storms go, both pailed in comparison to the one that roared through here on Thursday evening.

Amazingly, my house has now been under a tornado warning 5 times this year already. My girls are ready for a break and wouldn't mind if we saw no more storms for a long time to come.

Well, 2 tornado warnings specifically for Maytown during the past 19 hours. We ended up with nearly 4" of rain last night, and had yet another downpour this afternoon, but as far as storms go, both pailed in comparison to the one that roared through here on Thursday evening.

Amazingly, my house has now been under a tornado warning 5 times this year already. My girls are ready for a break and wouldn't mind if we saw no more storms for a long time to come.

Yea, glad todays storm died out on the eastern edge and I like severe wx and snow. . I had 3.97 " of rain yesterday and I didn't need another day drying out. Looks like York Co from Hellam south got nailed.

Just got back from upstate NY to find my roof fascia in the front is gone. I guess the storm last night killed it? I wasnt hear so it was between noon Friday and 4 p.m. today.

Dammit.

The storm early Saturday morning was pretty crazy, not as bad as a couple thursday's ago, but still impressive. Funny thing was, it rolled through not long before we were headed to NJ for the softball tourney, we caught up to it and i had to drive through it as we headed east on the turnpike. Not a pleasent drive i'll tell you. Yesterdays storm was already through before i got home, but all our recycle and garbage cans were blown all over, as was our patio furniture and grille.

It's been relatively lame here for the past couple of weeks, hopefully we can get some severe wx going before the jetstream pushes to far to the north in July. Once we get some strong fronts it should bring some more excitement. If we don't then we practically have to wait until mid July for tropical wx to heat up.

I got rocked by some pretty good lightning and thunder...but not a drop of rain fell around my parts.

wow we got 1.14" here... anyhoo MD out for our area... some more storms on the way

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1357 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0103 PM CDT WED JUN 22 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...ERN PA/MD/VA CONCERNING...SEVERE POTENTIAL...WATCH POSSIBLE VALID 221803Z - 222000Z STORMS ARE EXPECTED TO INCREASE IN COVERAGE AND INTENSITY THROUGH THE AFTERNOON AS DIURNAL DESTABILIZATION OCCURS. CONVECTIVE TRENDS WILL BE MONITORED FOR A POSSIBLE WW. STORMS ARE CURRENTLY FORMING OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN OF PA WITH MORE DEVELOPMENT EXPECTED FARTHER SOUTH INTO VA LATER THIS AFTERNOON OVER THE TERRAIN AND INVOF LEE SURFACE TROUGH. WITH SURFACE DEWPOINTS AROUND 70F...THE ATMOSPHERE WILL BECOME MODERATELY UNSTABLE WITH MLCAPE VALUES AOA 1000 J/KG. AS THE UPPER LOW SLOWLY APPROACHES FROM THE WEST...DEEP-LAYER SHEAR WILL REMAIN AROUND 30-35 KTS...WHICH WILL BE SUFFICIENT FOR STORM ORGANIZATION. GIVEN THE RELATIVELY WEAK LAPSE RATES...THE GREATEST SEVERE THREAT APPEARS TO BE DAMAGING WINDS...ESPECIALLY AS STORMS MATURE AND COLD POOLS MERGE IN THE PRESENCE OF FAVORABLE LOW-LEVEL SHEAR /I.E. 0-3 KM SHEAR AROUND 30 KTS PER AREA VWP DATA/. ..JIRAK.. 06/22/2011 ATTN...WFO...PHI...BGM...AKQ...CTP...LWX...RNK...

Archived