Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chit chat and other Banter: May 25th severe weather

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chit chat worthy? Solid line of Tornado Warnings right now from Dyersburg TN up to the Iroqouis/Vermillion County (IL) line.

Oh and SE MI weather sucks. They miss all the fun stuff.

Most people think the weather is just terrible here. We got people who aren't weather enthusiasts, which make up most of our population, complain about how cold it is, how hot it is, how much it rains, how much it snows, etc and how much they'd rather be down south in the sunny weather where nothing bad happens, it's just sunny, and nice on the beach getting a tan, and what not.

And then we got people who are weather enthusiasts that complain about the lack of bad weather here.

All I've got to say, is for the people that want to complain about the terrible weather here in Michigan, tell it to the people of Tuscaloosa, AL, and Joplin, MO. While the rest of the country gets ripped apart by severe weather, we get nothing. We are spoiled here with good weather, like it, or not.

Most people think the weather is just terrible here. We got people who aren't weather enthusiasts, which make up most of our population, complain about how cold it is, how hot it is, how much it rains, how much it snows, etc and how much they'd rather be down south in the sunny weather where nothing bad happens, it's just sunny, and nice on the beach getting a tan, and what not.

And then we got people who are weather enthusiasts that complain about the lack of bad weather here.

All I've got to say, is for the people that want to complain about the terrible weather here in Michigan, tell it to the people of Tuscaloosa, AL, and Joplin, MO. While the rest of the country gets ripped apart by severe weather, we get nothing. We are spoiled here with good weather, like it, or not.

Geez...should have bracketed my comment with sarcasm, which it was. But thanks anyway...

In other news, WISH out of Indy has a good still shot of the Bedford area tornado.

Chit chat worthy? Solid line of Tornado Warnings right now from Dyersburg TN up to the Iroqouis/Vermillion County (IL) line.

Despite how dangerous these severe storms are, it can get tedious for the weather enthusiast to live in an area like the Upper Midwest or Northeast during the non-winter months. There's just nothing to track at all. I'm personally glad I don't have to deal with fatal tornado outbreaks but would still love to be able to chase something severe.

Yeah we do miss a lot but occasionally something big happens. :)

Of course it does. You know I'm just playing with you guys. Internet sarcasm a bit hard these days it seems. ;)

"Bunch" of storms popping up ahead of the line in IL that's crossing into IN. We'll see what they bring here...

Why don't SEMI folk just move if they want storms. I'd love to move somewhere with actual worthy weather... but I can't think of any such place in Canada except for southern Ontario.

Of course it does. You know I'm just playing with you guys. Internet sarcasm a bit hard these days it seems. ;)

"Bunch" of storms popping up ahead of the line in IL that's crossing into IN. We'll see what they bring here...

I know you are just playing hense my smiley :P

Looks like a bust, has there even been something that might be rated ef-3 or higher yet? I just can't see some violent tornadoes coming out of the linear squall line.

110 reports of tornadoes in 2 days is a bust? Might want to lower your standards a touch...

Why don't SEMI folk just move if they want storms? I'd love to move somewhere with actual worthy weather... but I can't think of any places in Canada with such except for southern Ontario.

Oh they do, they're just not enthusiastic about the weather. Guess what? They don't like bad weather either, but they moved down where the bad weather was. smiley-bangheadonwall-yellow.gif

I just got on here to catch up a little after spending all afternoon spotting.

I find it humorous that people are calling a bust when there are 22 tornado warnings and 26 severe t-storm warnings in effect right now. It would be interesting to know how many tornado warnings were/will be issued today.

I find it humorous that people are calling a bust when there are 22 tornado warnings and 26 severe t-storm warnings in effect right now. It would be interesting to know how many tornado warnings were/will be issued today.

some people are profoundly stupid

Agree. I thought today was cool as hell. I would take a day like today any day over a risk of a major tornado outbreak or just severe weather. We had some wind, ton of lightning, frequent downpours (2-4") and hail! and no severe weather. My kind of day

I agree, however if i were to play the bust game, I'd have to say sw OH, south and west thru most of KY. Bust as defined by what was expected to occur today thru this evening SO FAR. Especially considering that part of that area was placed in the high risk sector early in the day.

I agree, however if i were to play the bust game, I'd have to say sw OH, south and west thru most of KY. Bust as defined by what was expected to occur today thru this evening SO FAR. Especially considering that part of that area was placed in the high risk sector early in the day.

WTOD-ish?

:P

Currently under our third SVR Warning for the day. TOR Warning just to the south...

EDIT: Scratch that, sirens going off here right now.

For those of you who've only started following severe weather in the post 4-27-11 world, this is what a normal high risk day looks like.

No one's saying yesterday was a bust, that was a huge outbreak in OK.

I think the discussion of the bust is mostly for IL where the cells have become linear mostly. Looks like most of the action for big tornadoes is going to be further south than expected in MS/LA...

Archived