• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chit chat and other Banter: May 25th severe weather

Call me a softy, if I had mod powers, I'd have 5 posted him until Halloween.

SPC has some good tools, besides just the outlooks. Ensembles, meso analysis, soundings. Never chased, but while the SPC outlooks would be a factor, if they are the only factor, that sounds lame.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only issue yesterday, and I hope no one takes this as offense was the SPC keeping the slight risk in SEMI when it was quite clear early in the afternoon that most of the severe weather was going to stay to the south of the Ohio border per the short range models. But yet we had TV mets, and various people expecting inclement weather well through the evening. While I understand the uncertainty, and stress of the science, but I feel many SEMI mets are starting to lose their credibility among the public. Can't tell you how many times I heard my folks say yyyeeaaahhh rrriiighht to the severe potential last night. Exactly what I mean.

My only issue yesterday, and I hope no one takes this as offense was the SPC keeping the slight risk in SEMI when it was quite clear early in the afternoon that most of the severe weather was going to stay to the south of the Ohio border per the short range models. But yet we had TV mets, and various people expecting inclement weather well through the evening. While I understand the uncertainty, and stress of the science, but I feel many SEMI mets are starting to lose their credibility among the public. Can't tell you how many times I heard my folks say yyyeeaaahhh rrriiighht to the severe potential last night. Exactly what I mean.

watch out with that SPC bashing, troll

A slight risk is just that...maybe the on-air mets were a little overzealous in wishcasting some severe weather your way.

watch out with that SPC bashing, troll

Oh, I'm not a troll, unless someone disagrees. The SPC does good everywhere but here. We're special here.:lol: Just merely pointing out that what would apply in the plains, and southeast, doesn't apply here. Always remember, It takes a lot for severe weather to fire up here. I mean everything has to be nearly perfect for us to see something. If something isn't right, like the crapvection that we've had yesterday morning, forget it, we don't recover as fast as everyone else.

Been always trying to figure that one out, and the only thing I can come up with is the lakes affect our weather greatly, they tend to do a huge amount of blocking.

I am not a big fan of the chit chat thread. Hoosier is not either. While it could be a good idea, then we just have the problem of people posting relevant information in here when it should be in the other thread. Folks just need to be cognizant of the situation at hand. When there is a massive and life threatening severe weather outbreak going on, I don't want to see people complaining about getting "pathetic squall lines" or "outflow dominant junk". Complaining about the lack of monster supercells in their backyard or bashing SPC for having their slight risk 5 miles too far north when there is significant high risk event will not be tolerated. 5 posting will be dropped hard from now with explanation given later. I hope folks understand that.

you guys dont run the board alone...

I think what would amount to a day's suspension for a whiny post on a banter thread is proably suitable punishment for whatever Keller did.

I think Ian should unban him.

someone got banned for posting something in this thread?

have you ever seen someone banned for one post in a banter thread?

no. i removed it, 5 p/d for now while we figure it out. the whole thing is a slippery slope... it's almost like we can only talk about storms being amazingly dangerous etc without anything else. not to mention this is titled as a banter thread.

meritocracy is good...i'm not sure that's the word you wanted to use

Well, ehh, I disagree to a point on a whole other level that isn't appropriate for this threat, but yeah, you're probably right. What I meant to say is that, it seems as if you're not part of their clique, you're not treated well.

Well, ehh, I disagree to a point on a whole other level that isn't appropriate for this threat, but yeah, you're probably right. What I meant to say is that, it seems as if you're not part of their clique, you're not treated well.

but the clique itself doesn't discriminate...we have gays, women, coloreds, people with diseases, etc.

Archived