Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2011 NYC metro area obs./discussion

tmagan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is Noreaster85, I wouldn't expect much from him

yeah, i dont know what FloodFan85 is talking about. Blocking is returning but its may, its still gonna be 70 and sunny on most days. 18z GFS can barely give us 2" of rain thru 384hrs..How is this a wet pattern?

Those 70's on the NAM busted big time. It insists on virtually no QPF over the next several days which is very hard to believe. Even the SREF's bring significant precip to the area. The 12z GFS is about as ugly as it gets. If you run the 36hr QPF loop there is only a single frame where we are precip free. Pattern is dominated by east coast troughing.

as is par for your forecasts, the reality is the exact opposite of what you are predicting.

Were dragging this off topic but the graphic seems to show that Atlantic tropical activity is the lowest during El Nino years. For numerous reasons which were outlined in previous threads, I feel that 99' is probably the most likely analog for the upcoming hurricane season. Of course trying to predict these things is like trying to predict who will win the superbowl on September 1st.

since1995_dean.jpg

Archived