EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
April 26th Severe Weather

Chicago Storm

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Western KY has a couple tor warned counties now...

These storms intrigue me. Some good parameters ahead of them. LLJ ahead of them and not bad position relative to RR upper jet quad. Instability / shear looks there.

The RUC and HRRR have helicities increasing significantly over the next couple hours in southern AR spreading northeastward. This is on the nose of an intensifying low-level jet. The tornado threat associated with the storms currently over south-central AR should increase dramatically over the next few hours as they head into SE-E AR/NW MS/SW TN, with significant/violent tornadoes possible.

milam co., tx, cell starting to take on a threatening shape with a nice reflectivity gradient on the southwest side. sitting on the sw end of the line like that, i'd really be worried about that one beginning to spin. golfball-sized hail reported with those cells as well.

The RUC and HRRR have helicities increasing significantly over the next couple hours in southern AR spreading northeastward. This is on the nose of an intensifying low-level jet. The tornado threat associated with the storms currently over south-central AR should increase dramatically over the next few hours as they head into SE-E AR/NW MS/SW TN, with significant/violent tornadoes possible.

And this stuff currently developing over NE TX is only the first wave I think. I like what the HRRR is doing and developing another area of intense convection near the red river valley around midnight as the core of the short wave moves into the more unstable and strongly sheared airmass. Arkansas will have to be on the lookout in the wee hours for round 2 I think.

My understanding is that they should congeal into a line by the time they get into SW TN, however.

These storms intrigue me. Some good parameters ahead of them. LLJ ahead of them and not bad position relative to RR upper jet quad. Instability / shear looks there.

Good Call

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY

426 PM CDT TUE APR 26 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PADUCAH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

HOPKINS COUNTY IN NORTHWEST KENTUCKY...

EAST CENTRAL WEBSTER COUNTY IN NORTHWEST KENTUCKY...

NORTHWESTERN CHRISTIAN COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY...

WEST CENTRAL MUHLENBERG COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL KENTUCKY...

NORTHERN CALDWELL COUNTY IN WESTERN KENTUCKY...

SOUTH CENTRAL CRITTENDEN COUNTY IN WESTERN KENTUCKY...

NORTH CENTRAL LYON COUNTY IN WESTERN KENTUCKY...

* UNTIL 500 PM CDT.

* AT 421 PM CDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A WALL CLOUD AND

FUNNEL CLOUD NEAR MILE POST 8 NEAR PRINCETON AND NEAR PINEY FORKS

SCHOOL ROAD AT STATE ROUTE 506 THE STORM WAS AT 4 MILES WEST OF

PRINCETON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 50 MPH.

TW about an hour out from Memphis.

ULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MEMPHIS TN

435 PM CDT TUE APR 26 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEMPHIS HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN CROSS COUNTY IN EASTERN ARKANSAS...

NORTHWESTERN LEE COUNTY IN EASTERN ARKANSAS...

ST. FRANCIS COUNTY IN EASTERN ARKANSAS...

* UNTIL 530 PM CDT

* AT 435 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR NEW SALEM...OR 8 MILES

EAST OF BRINKLEY...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO FORREST

CITY...MADISON...PALESTINE AND VILLAGE CREEK STATE PARK.

My understanding is that they should congeal into a line by the time they get into SW TN, however.

The way it is looking right now there will be multiple waves of supercells popping off the dryline and warm front/dryline intersection through the late afternoon with another significant batch as the upper anomaly ejects into the plains during the evening.

I'd be very cautious about that. Eventually yes, you'll likely see a squall line go through SW TN, but it won't be from the cluster of cells that's in southern AR currently. What's more likely to happen over the next couple hours IMO is that a couple supercells end up becoming dominant, at which point they'll start producing significant tornadoes.

The storms up here in Michigan are finally starting to get their act together. Warnings are out and they're all showing rotation as well.

Unfortunately it'll be several hours before they reach here.

Currently under sv warning here for storms to my sw with wind and hail.. Seems like chicken feed compared to what's going on down south in AR and TX.

Lots of supercells, but has anything other than wall clouds been sighted yet?

0456 PM TORNADO 1 E MABANK 32.37N 96.08W

04/26/2011 KAUFMAN TX AMATEUR RADIO

TORNADO REPORTED ON GROUND NEAR MABANK.

0457 PM TORNADO SEVEN POINTS 32.33N 96.21W

04/26/2011 HENDERSON TX TRAINED SPOTTER

TORNADO ON CEDAR CREEK LAKE. NEAR SEVEN POINTS.

Archived