• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 26th Severe Weather

Chicago Storm

Prelim rating of EF2, check in the 4/25 thread.

Also, something still seems a little off with the low-level mesocyclones of these supercells. We might still have to wait a couple hours before the real threat begins...

Yeah I noticed this too. Granted, I haven't looked in enough detail to tell what, other than the parameters I guess are just more favorable a bit later on.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

next 4-5 hours expect numerous Tornadoes. several stroing to violent over east TX, much and AR west TN , Ne La and northern Ms

North side of shreveport LA needs to watch that lead storm over TX

LOW LEVEL SHEAR WILL RAPIDILY INCREASE

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MEMPHIS TN

703 PM CDT TUE APR 26 2011

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0648 PM TORNADO COAHOMA 34.37N 90.52W

04/26/2011 COAHOMA MS EMERGENCY MNGR

SIGNIFICANT STRUCTURAL DAMAGE

Yeah I noticed this too. Granted, I haven't looked in enough detail to tell what, other than the parameters I guess are just more favorable a bit later on.

I feel like it's the deceleration of low-lvl flow invof the boundary. This happened on May 1st last year too, it took several hours before supercells were finally able to produce destructive tornadoes over MS-TN. There was another event recently where that was the case too. That phenomenon has to be examined more.

Anyway, back to today's focus. Just something that I wanted to point out. My mind's been incepted with the idea for some time now.

Seems like the dry line may be retreating west and north near DFW. I'm in Ft. Worth and in the last hour the hi cloud tops have formed in every direction around me but NW. Am guessing storms will fill in over much of the Metroplex, hopefully without the tornadoes.

North winds and dewpoints in the low 60s- the upper disturbance approaching was strong enough to generate severe hail in the Panhandle with low 40s dews.

I suspect DFW will see elevated storms if storms do develop.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LITTLE ROCK AR

739 PM CDT TUE APR 26 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LITTLE ROCK HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHWESTERN MONTGOMERY COUNTY IN WESTERN ARKANSAS...

EAST CENTRAL POLK COUNTY IN WESTERN ARKANSAS...

NORTHWESTERN PIKE COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS...

* UNTIL 815 PM CDT

* AT 733 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR AND

EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REPORTED A TORNADO.

Not a single one of the warnings around Shreveport has been anything other than radar-indicated, and there are no LSRs with a tornado at this point.

just becuase they aren't in the LSR doesn't mean they didn;t happen...LSR are often delayed

The on air met said their spotters had a tornado on the ground

I'm starting to see a line forming to the NW of Indy, each refresh of the radar extends it just a bit further southwest towards the IL border.

Though it looks like it's forming quickly, any chance the Indy metro area will see anything truly severe or is it getting started too close to us?

Archived