• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
May 2011 general discussion/obs thread

Powerball

Check this out. Polar opposites between the EURO and the GFS. GFS really has a hard-on for that cutoff, EURO says no.

Who's right?

NWS Chicago disco this morning suggested much cooler weather after Sat with a trough moving in...hopefully the euro has it's way so a few of the sunless lovers in WI can go into their coffin's till winter.

test8.gif

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully this warm weather keeps up. If it does a lot of the cool forecasts could be in trouble. I personally think we're going to have a barbeque summer this year with lots of 80s and 90s.

I feel for all you allergies sufferers :( Wife is getting her head pounded in from it. Crappy day here in the 40's because of the lake.. Last yr was even worse and it was shared region wide for this upcoming week. This yr looks to be polar opposite for the dates. Still going to have to battle the lake breeze here next week but hopefully with the milder night time lows we can get the vegetation kicked in high gear.

I feel for all you allergies sufferers :( Wife is getting her head pounded in from it. Crappy day here in the 40's because of the lake.. Last yr was even worse and it was shared region wide for this upcoming week. This yr looks to be polar opposite for the dates. Still going to have to battle the lake breeze here next week but hopefully with the milder night time lows we can get the vegetation kicked in high gear.

And you know what else will get kicked into high gear next week? T-storms. It's one thing to have the occasional day with thunderstorms, like the hailers we've had oh so often. This week, though, looks like it will afford at least two periods of storms.

And you know what else will get kicked into high gear next week? T-storms. It's one thing to have the occasional day with thunderstorms, like the hailers we've had oh so often. This week, though, looks like it will afford at least two periods of storms.

Wouldn't mind a few stormy chances but I won't hold my breath for anything exciting. Should get our first high temp in the 70's since oct 20th of last yr. We did have an 84 degree day on april 10th - should be a record except the record that day is a silly 90.

Hopefully this warm weather keeps up. If it does a lot of the cool forecasts could be in trouble. I personally think we're going to have a barbeque summer this year with lots of 80s and 90s.

Environment Canada seems to think so

TORONTO - Environment Canada says we could be in for a warmer-than-normal summer across the country.

Senior climatologist David Phillips says preliminary forecasts indicate June, July and August will be warmer than normal “from coast to coast to coast.”

http://www.therecord...d-be-on-the-way

Couldn't ask for better weekend weather for the game fish season opener and mothers day.. 70 inland and nice 40's and 50's here lakeside. Not looking forward to the higher dew-p next week but if the euro is right it kicks it out by next weekend so I can deal with that.

Couldn't ask for better weekend weather for the game fish season opener and mothers day.. 70 inland and nice 40's and 50's here lakeside. Not looking forward to the higher dew-p next week but if the euro is right it kicks it out by next weekend so I can deal with that.

Most def digging this cool/mild beautiful weather..Perfect sleeping weather!! Open window season is the best..Early/Mid May and Late September have to be the most comfortable months around the Lakes.

Most def digging this cool/mild beautiful weather..Perfect sleeping weather!! Open window season is the best..Early/Mid May and Late September have to be the most comfortable months around the Lakes.

Am in full agreement. Absolutely delightful day for everyone today before it turns stormy this week.

Would hate to be in sw iowa. Mid 90's+ right now. 51 here..gotta savor these last lucky cool days. Pretty soon its close the house up again like winter :angry:

I was hoping it would warm up a bit this morning before the storms came, but I think we topped out around 58 or so before holding steady in the low to mid 50s near the lakeshore.

Archived