• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 30/ Dec 1 Storm

Baroclinic Zone

Another Wizzer moment, got skywarn text about my reports from our anemometer at 250 feet above the ground at work. I posted them here, can only surmise Wiz forwarded them, only problem is text said report from led yard at250feet elevation, not that the anemometer is 250 feet above the ground which is at 300feet.anyway reports of 60 in RI 55in Thompson,CT.

Did he report the 100+mph one, or the 70s? :lol:

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a CT exclusive today.. Winds 50-60 mph..Still unsure why Box didn't hit the winds harder when it was obvious there was no inversion

BOX had a wind advisory out...I think it verified pretty well. Unless there is good evidence of widespread 55mph+ gusts, then it was a good call. You'll get some branch/wire damage if its a high end advisory with gusts 40-50. We have a lot of small branches down here too.

If they go high wind warning every time there might be an isolated gust to 60mph, then it reduces the influence of the warning.

BOX had a wind advisory out...I think it verified pretty well. Unless there is good evidence of widespread 55mph+ gusts, then it was a good call. You'll get some branch/wire damage if its a high end advisory with gusts 40-50. We have a lot of small branches down here too.

If they go high wind warning every time there might be an isolated gust to 60mph, then it reduces the influence of the warning.

They didn't issue advisories until like 11:00 this morning or something while OKX and ALB had them issued last night. The AFD"s continually downplayed the winds saying there wouldn;t be any gusts past 40 -45 mph.

No biggie...just kind of late to the captain obvious party

They didn't issue advisories until like 11:00 this morning or something while OKX and ALB had them issued last night. The AFD"s continually downplayed the winds saying there wouldn;t be any gusts past 40 -45 mph.

Wait until WSW come out, gonna miss the A Team.

Oh well I didn't see when they issued them. They probably could have issued them earlier. I didn't look at the setup all that carefully as I don't have the wind fetish that you do, so I can't say for sure how obvious it looked.

We have had some impressive sustained winds here and some gusts around 50 the past 2-3 hours.

1.52 inches total.

Temps down to 46..dropping farily quickly.

Winter is here fellas. Enjoy and revel in it,. We don't know how long it will last this year

that sw is going to be stonger rev, no way that vortex is so far south as modeled by goofus, its early december,not middle of Feb. I like tr - 2 which i said last night, but your 3-6 is certainly withing the realm of possibilities.

The potential was certainly there but I don't know if it was enough to say it was an obvious call, except for the coastal areas which is where the models really were hitting the wind potential hard and it appeared as if the coastal areas would see the warmest temps...up around or just over 60F...models underdid the temps in many places as we saw plenty of locations inland approach 60F. Bufkit though was never really all that impressive with sfc gusts potential.

One major boost we had this afternoon was the very tight pressure gradient that had setup...the ridging was a bit slower to break down than what models were saying and with the deepening waves of low pressure and trough approaching the gradient really helped to strengthen the winds in the lower levels and at the sfc.

42/37

dropping like a rock since early this evening, almost a twenty degree drop tonight already.

cant wait for the dendritical deliciousness come monday, upslope looks fantastic and im sure flurries will be in the air this weekend just about everywhere.

when we have large troughs like this overspreading the area....i like to look at the little short waves rotating around them

looks like we have one pushing thru the pittsburgh area headed generally eastward and then prob. ENE / then NE/ NNE with time......wonder if that may bring any SN- late overnite to western areas.

http://aviationweath...lt_big&itype=wv

41/39

Just walked the dog, rain is done.

2.4" storm total. 2" since 10am. I was skeptical about model qpf but in the end we are well over.

This should bring the beaver pond up about a foot so at this point I am fine with no snow and a week of cold weather making solid black ice.

Disgusting.

Archived