Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Chance for t'storms later today

weatherwiz

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Hodographs look great. NW NJ into E and C PA could rock.

Backed winds take us pretty much out of the game with a marine layer.

the track of the mid-level low and the strong mid-level ridging to the southeast look ideal for a severe weather outbreak....the time of the year sucks unfortunately with the marine layer. The GFS has dewpoints in the upper 60s for TTN on Wednesday afternoon...that could be slightly overdone.

the track of the mid-level low and the strong mid-level ridging to the southeast look ideal for a severe weather outbreak....the time of the year sucks unfortunately with the marine layer. The GFS has dewpoints in the upper 60s for TTN on Wednesday afternoon...that could be slightly overdone.

Yeah for PA and even upstate NY they could really get a nasty round of storms if they destabilize enough.

In NE getting severe in April is very tough especially with S/SSE winds. Backed winds crank up low level shear but they also mitigate svr threat in NE with the wind of the water.

wow...NAM is cold even into PA...NAM has temperatures in the 40s most of the day in TTN with overcast....GFS is 72/68 lol.

lol yeah the NAM is brutal. As Scooter mentioned it's funny because the last event we saw the NAM sort of in the middle with the GFS surging the warmth north. Everything is reversed this time.

lol yeah the NAM is brutal. As Scooter mentioned it's funny because the last event we saw the NAM sort of in the middle with the GFS surging the warmth north. Everything is reversed this time.

We're 54-60hrs out on the NAM, but usually under 48 hrs, we have an idea with these type of situations. Could be one of those fronts that hangs up near or just north of I-90, but I'm hoping it comes trough in the aftn to avoid the fog disaster.

We're 54-60hrs out on the NAM, but usually under 48 hrs, we have an idea with these type of situations. Could be one of those fronts that hangs up near or just north of I-90, but I'm hoping it comes trough in the aftn to avoid the fog disaster.

I want Wiz to have a meltdown when the tornado watch only includes Litchfield County and not his backyard.

Or better yet a poorly thought up chase in W CT/SE NY lol

I assume we are onto the next (Thur) event highly flagged by the 00z Euro in particular -

That warm frontal position would be favored N given the teleconnector layout.

Not so sure about that extended range powerhouse eastern ridge depicted by the Euro. I am curious what the Euro ensemble derived NAO and PNA is, because the GFS computation could not be in any more opposite agreement with that.

I assume we are onto the next (Thur) event highly flagged by the 00z Euro in particular -

That warm frontal position would be favored N given the teleconnector layout.

Not so sure about that extended range powerhouse eastern ridge depicted by the Euro. I am curious what the Euro ensemble derived NAO and PNA is, because the GFS computation could not be in any more opposite agreement with that.

Big Rocky Mtn/High Plains trough with a trough in the Davis Strait as well. However, we have a pretty strong ridge poking into the east side of Greenland. Verbatim, the mass fields are warm....but we are way out there in time.

Big Rocky Mtn/High Plains trough with a trough in the Davis Strait as well. However, we have a pretty strong ridge poking into the east side of Greenland. Verbatim, the mass fields are warm....but we are way out there in time.

So in otherwords, the Euro enesmbles are at odds with the GFS' ?? ...If that is true it will be interesting to see which verifies... Prolly be split down the boring middle -

for what it's worth, the new 12z NAM is still hanging up the warm front south of New England during the day on Wednesday. I still wouldn't be surprised to see some elevated convection north of the warm front given the dynamic set-up.

yeah given that synopsis at the surface there is no way any boundary will get N of central Jersy ...perhaps even farther S on Wed... 1024 non-opposed polar high slipping E through Ontario... yuck yuck yuck. Cold, raw, miserable overruning puke in the low to mid 40s.

So in otherwords, the Euro enesmbles are at odds with the GFS' ?? ...If that is true it will be interesting to see which verifies... Prolly be split down the boring middle -

The euro and GFS ensembles look similar imo around d10. The euro ensembles are warmer verbatim, but both models advertise big warmth nearby...if not perhaps overhead. But we know how that can go. I'll wait until we're three days out.

The euro and GFS ensembles look similar imo around d10. The euro ensembles are warmer verbatim, but both models advertise big warmth nearby...if not perhaps overhead. But we know how that can go. I'll wait until we're three days out.

the GFS came a little further north with the warm front on wednesday

Yeah it did. Still keeps me in the soup, but hopefully it can blow by during the aftn. Could be some interesting wx from NJ on south.

the euro is even further north and warmer

i remember the NAM showing 50's for this area before the recent torch and EWR hit 87

Euro torches all of us Wed. Who knows if we see any storms since front comes thru at night..but Euro will have you laying out and tanning Wed.

Barely BOS and Ray and his weenie are bundled up. It could be one of those things where it blows by early aftn or something. Not holding my breath on it around here, but I'm not ruling it out either.

EC/NAM would suggest a high for me on wed somewhere between 37-42

It may be another one of those late day (near midnight) highs where we spike to 45-50F after the fropa.

Saturday looks miserable on the EC as well. Wrong time of the year for all of these overrunning systems with cold air wedged in at the sfc.

It may be another one of those late day (near midnight) highs where we spike to 45-50F after the fropa.

Saturday looks miserable on the EC as well. Wrong time of the year for all of these overrunning systems with cold air wedged in at the sfc.

Maybe some sn/fzra for the mountains on wed.

Archived