• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Chance for t'storms later today

weatherwiz

I agree we don't see any severe..but think Scooter is too down on the warm front not making it thru in the PM

It might come through in the aftn, but if that happens....most of the day is crap. What's the use of having a nice day after 3pm. I'm still skeptical of warmth for most of sne. Maybe sw CT later in the day. We'll see. I'm not ruling it out for you...but I'm not really feeling it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might come through in the aftn, but if that happens....most of the day is crap. What's the use of having a nice day after 3pm. I'm still skeptical of warmth for most of sne. Maybe sw CT later in the day. We'll see. I'm not ruling it out for you...but I'm not really feeling it.

Yeah I agree. I think we'll see a bit of late day clearing but still a lot of junk so low 60s. If we truly warm sectored with +16c 850s we'd be well into the 80s.

I'd rather have a few hours of temps upper 60's to 70 instead of 40's and clouds/drizzle the entire day..but that's just me

I'd rather have a few hours of temps upper 60's to 70 instead of 40's and clouds/drizzle the entire day..but that's just me

So would I, but I think even your area struggles for most of the day. Maybe it's one of those things where your wind turns se in the aftn, and the humidity bumps up...but then you might have any issue with lower clouds. No matter what, it will be a late day high anyways. Maybe the 12z runs will speed the front up...but it's usually wise to be conservative with these things. You can always bump temps up the final 24 hours. I'm sure Ryan can tell you how pissed viewers get when you have something like 78 for the high, and it ends up being 60 or something like that.

So would I, but I think even your area struggles for most of the day. Maybe it's one of those things where your wind turns se in the aftn, and the humidity bumps up...but then you might have any issue with lower clouds. No matter what, it will be a late day high anyways. Maybe the 12z runs will speed the front up...but it's usually wise to be conservative with these things. You can always bump temps up the final 24 hours. I'm sure Ryan can tell you how pissed viewers get when you have something like 78 for the high, and it ends up being 60 or something like that.

Well that happens quite often to him lol

The bottomline is spring sucks in SNE. These days of chilly rain, clouds, and east winds sometimes seem neverending. I wish we could just fast forward to late May when we're pretty much clear of this nonsense. Seems a long way away

Early May is frequently beautiful in CT. Instead of seeing these warm fronts hang up south of NYC we get them to blow through by midday and get some nice warmth while BOS gets screwed.

SO Scooter... elevated thunder overnight?

Well it seems like some of that will get into NY state. Perhaps we can get some to fire northeast of the warmfront near dawn, but you know it's not always a given. I think maybe better chances to the nw, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get some storms into sne.

Archived