Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
April 15-16 Severe Weather threat

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a strong low pressure system it is that's causing all of this trouble!!

The center of circulation has moved only slightly in the last 24 hours. Is it going to move off to the east, or will it somehow just play itself out over the plains/heartland?

Base Reflectivity

Full resolution version loop (3400x1700 pixels - 2.2mb) Time of images: 1318 UTC 04/14/2011

through 1428 UTC 04/14/2011 NatLoop_Small.gif

sounds like atlanta is getting some wild weather! the lights have flickered here a few times, but nothing all that close. you can see a lot of lightning to the sw (probably that cell moving up towards gainesville)

Pretty good storm headed up this way. Hope the CandyMan got some hail out of it. Looks like it is going south of me, but I can hear the thunder off that way.

Larry...hope your car isn't wearing dimples now! T

ditto! unless your car is in a garage, a hail storm is one of the last things you need :scooter:

Pretty good storm headed up this way. Hope the CandyMan got some hail out of it. Looks like it is going south of me, but I can hear the thunder off that way.

Larry...hope your car isn't wearing dimples now! T

Thanks, Tony. Fortunately, I have a garage here.

Here is a pic of some hail I brought inside to my freezer, which I don't think fully reflects how big the largest pieces were. Also, this melted some on the way to the freezer (these measured 1" at the widest diameter).

post-882-0-46270200-1302913673.jpg

looks like the models are going to bust way too low on rain amounts. I'm not surprised. The backbuilding convection will probably continue through the night until the front comes through for GA and then the Carolinas.

Really hoping we don't get any severe storms with hail. That last massive hail storm put dents all over the cars.

looks like the models are going to bust way too low on rain amounts. I'm not surprised. The backbuilding convection will probably continue through the night until the front comes through for GA and then the Carolinas.

Yep. We are easily going to break 2 inches again here. It is raining to beat the band right now. Seems like every storm system in the past month has dropped at least 2 inches here. Some over 3 inches.

Surprised that cell isn't tor warned. It's got some rotation, and has a hook signature.

Yeah, we got warned for it. Both weather radio and Comcast program breaker. Must have gone by pretty far south as I only got a .10th and a few booms, with a few flashes. No biggie on the north side of town.

Ya'll getting hail need to check out your roofs for dimples too. Big hail will dent shingles something fierce, and might need some tar put on before the next big gully washer. T

Archived