Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Moving forward into April..

earthlight

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like snow or a rain-snow mix in the highest elevations of NW NJ tonight. Moderate to heavy snow already being reported in a narrow swath of north-central and NW PA and the far southern tier of NY.

NY:

JAMESTOWN CLOUDY 32 30 93 S6 29.87S VSB 1/4 WCI 26

WELLSVILLE SNOW 33 31 92 SW9 29.89S VSB 1/2 WCI 25

PA:

BRADFORD SNOW 31 30 96 S5 29.87F VSB 1/4

CLEARFIELD SNOW 33 32 96 S3 29.93F VSB 1/2

Visible satellite looks good for some sun later...I can't deal with these cloudy and dreary conditions. Enough already :hurrbear:

You have no idea how happy you just made me with that statement.......this morning is not helping my mood :)

92 last year on this date...4-7" of snow in 2003 on this date...30 degree max in 1982...

It amazes me how variable February, March, & April are (mainly the latter two). I don't even know what the seasons are supposed to feel like since every year is so much different from each other.

Can't believe OKX is following the GFS for Wed-Fri. Almost all guidance has trended toward a cutoff low along the mid-Atlantic or New England coast during that time. Their forecast highs for Wed look way too high - I'd go with upper 50s in NYC and low-mid 50s in LI/southern CT.

Edit: Euro Ensemble isn't as extreme as the Euro or WRF on the cutoff low, but does have onshore flow Wed through Sun. It has NE winds Wed through Fri, then turning E and eventually SE on Sat/Sun. Going to be tough to crack 60 in NYC any of those days.

Also looks like a coastal flood and high wind threat next weekend, as the next cutoff low approaches from the west and a ~1035 mb high moves eastward from Quebec to south of Newfoundland.

Can't believe OKX is following the GFS for Wed-Fri. Almost all guidance has trended toward a cutoff low along the mid-Atlantic or New England coast during that time. Their forecast highs for Wed look way too high - I'd go with upper 50s in NYC and low-mid 50s in LI/southern CT.

Edit: Euro Ensemble isn't as extreme as the Euro or WRF on the cutoff low, but does have onshore flow Wed through Sun. It has NE winds Wed through Fri, then turning E and eventually SE on Sat/Sun. Going to be tough to crack 60 in NYC any of those days.

Also looks like a coastal flood and high wind threat next weekend, as the next cutoff low approaches from the west and a ~1035 mb high moves eastward from Quebec to south of Newfoundland.

Nice a good coastal would be great!!:thumbsup:

It's not likely to be a coastal. Instead, a slow-moving cutoff low aloft, with the surface low occluding and tracking slowly NE toward the eastern Great Lakes while being blocked by high pressure to its N/NE. In that type of scenario, there would likely be a weak secondary low on the "triple point" near the Delmarva, but the inland primary low would dominate.

Nice a good coastal would be great!!:thumbsup:

this weather is atrocious...how miserable. at least it's not colder and raining.

Beyond atrocious. Perhaps we'll have another 36 hour torch to track between next tue - thu. The idea of a warmer easter weekend seems to be fading.

Beyond atrocious. Perhaps we'll have another 36 hour torch to track between next tue - thu. The idea of a warmer easter weekend seems to be fading.

Its still there, its just a bit more transitional. Medium range guidance is still showing a period of positive height anomalies with a southeast ridge flux around that time.

Its still there, its just a bit more transitional. Medium range guidance is still showing a period of positive height anomalies with a southeast ridge flux around that time.

Yeah lets hope the signal returns to what earlier guidance was showing, more impressive ridging and warmth. I do tink we can scrape out another warm one next wed or thu.

Get past this weekend and hopefully we're on a road to more sustainable warmth by months end.

Archived