Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Moving forward into April..

earthlight

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt we'll get that much additional, but you never know. Hows the euro look next tue-wed? Showing warmth

Rgem also has 1.25" of rain tonight.

Euro actually has NYC in the upper 60's for Sunday afternoon.

Monday temps are in the low 60's.

Cant see Tuesday afternoon yet but Tuesday morning is already in the upper 50's, so I assume it gets pretty warm for the afternoon.

You know me. I would NEVER go against a euro/rgem 100% agreement, inside of 24 hours.

well, both models have lost some luster over the past few months but the radar is juicy. Does it swing to the west like the stuff this morning? that could be the monkey wrench.

Cant see Tuesday afternoon yet but Tuesday morning is already in the upper 50's, so I assume it gets pretty warm for the afternoon.

Well that is good news. Bring on the 60's and I would take 70's too. of course it will be 5-10 degrees cooler on the coast depending on the wind direction. Yesterday a 30 degree difference between Islip and Newark thanks to the warm front position and the strong onshore wind with the marine air.

You can add the 12z UKIE to the euro/rgem camp as well. It also has 1.25"+ of rain tonight into tomorrow morning.

Only the GFS/NAM and GGEM have .50" or less.

No way would I go against euro/rgem/ukie agreement, less then 24 hours from any event.

Thanks, AG3. I think we have our next quick surge of warmth tue- wed next week with temps closer to normal overall.

radar is looking better down south - maybe it can miss to the left.

shd_None_anim.gif

We are having a normal spring.It is not supposed to be consistently warnm and sunny with the leaves on the trees nearing full bloom.Last spring was the warmest on record and it spoiled us.Raw wet days this are common this time of year and even into May.I hope for a MAY JUNE JULY 2009 repeat actually.Not going to happen though.

We are having a normal spring.It is not supposed to be consistently warnm and sunny with the leaves on the trees nearing full bloom.Last spring was the warmest on record and it spoiled us.Raw wet days this are common this time of year and even into May.I hope for a MAY JUNE JULY 2009 repeat actually.Not going to happen though.

Agreed. We are firmly in a nina spring, forget last year. Anyone looking or expecting prolonged warmth this month will bust and/or be very dissapointed.

there is a ton of cold air in Canada still, so everytime we get a trough or a front that swings thru, some of that drops down and cools us for a few days. It will continue to weaken and move north as we head into may, which is when i expect to see sustained 70's, then 80's in june. Its not so much the temps that are bad, its the cloud cover and rain that ruins the day.

Good I wouldn't mind for another similar repeat of May of 2009 but June and July was way too cool for me. I would like more of a similar June and July 2008.

Good I wouldn't mind for another similar repeat of May of 2009 but June and July was way too cool for me. I would like more of a similar June and July 2008.

JUNE 2008 had that early heat wave with the temp reaching 100 here on JUNE 14th I believe.What made it so bad was it came after a cool spell and it made many people sick.I hope that doesnt happen.

JUNE 2008 had that early heat wave with the temp reaching 100 here on JUNE 14th I believe.What made it so bad was it came after a cool spell and it made many people sick.I hope that doesnt happen.

I thought GERMS made people sick

We are having a normal spring.It is not supposed to be consistently warnm and sunny with the leaves on the trees nearing full bloom.Last spring was the warmest on record and it spoiled us.Raw wet days this are common this time of year and even into May.

Yes.

Normal high today in Central Park is only 60. Get a grip people.

Archived