CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
4/10-4/11 Potential torch

earthlight

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 forecasters from the Boston news mentioned mid 80s...I was shocked. Bold call for SNE 5 days out in mid April when only the warmest of guidance would barely get me above 80.

That's bold...mid 80's is definitely a stretch. But on the two really warm days we've had this year...we've gone about 10 degrees above guidance with full sun. So I guess they are going for the half court shot on the call 5+ days out.

That's bold...mid 80's is definitely a stretch. But on the two really warm days we've had this year...we've gone about 10 degrees above guidance with full sun. So I guess they are going for the half court shot on the call 5+ days out.

Oh its possible...just very bold at day 5. One had 84 for Monday and one had 85...the funniest thing is then the other two stations from Boston had 60s lmaosmiley.gif

I guess the theory is either go all out or go extremely conservative...nothing in between?

The beginning of the heat now down in Texas:

Record high temperature already set at Wichita Falls...

So far today... the high temperature at Sheppard Air Force base in

Wichita Falls has been 99 degrees. This already breaks the previous

record high temperature of 98 degrees set back in 1954.

If the temperatures warms any more this afternoon... another record

statement will be issued.

Temperature records for Wichita Falls date back to 1923.

It will be interesting to watch the early season heat build over the weekend in the MW/OV.

We could easily see several record highs broken there on Sunday the day before

we peak on Monday.

I will make a conservative call and say at least NYC and southwestward could get well into the mid to upper 70's to perhaps touching near 80 F depending on Monday if there is not much cloud cover but most of LI maybe in the low to mid 60's to near 70 towards the western part except eastern part will stay in the 50's. While in South Central NJ will easily be in the upper 70's to the lower 80's. It is safe to say that NYC has at least very good reaching 70 F on Monday if not possibly even 80 F. I look forward to the warmth and maybe the chance for some general thundershowers ahead of a cold front too. Forgot about severe weather in the Tri State Area for April. Wait until mid May for the area to get into the strong to severe thunderstorm threat where more instability and less marine air take influence.

Ahh come on now Long Island lol. This'll be interesting, I don't know what to expect since I live in a little micro climate. I'd love 80's but 70's plus strong sun is practically the same thing. Hopefully the leaves get torched out of these trees already.

Crazy how I'm thinking of 90's now, can't wait to see how this plays out. Hoping that 80 degree isobar moves east.

The beginning of the heat now down in Texas:

Record high temperature already set at Wichita Falls...

So far today... the high temperature at Sheppard Air Force base in

Wichita Falls has been 99 degrees. This already breaks the previous

record high temperature of 98 degrees set back in 1954.

If the temperatures warms any more this afternoon... another record

statement will be issued.

It will be interesting to watch the early season heat build over the weekend in the MW/OV.

We could easily see several record highs broken there on Sunday the day before

we peak on Monday.

\

It wound up 100 today down in wichita falls

... Record high temperature set at Wichita Falls...

The high temperature this afternoon at Sheppard Air Force base in

Wichita Falls reached 100 degrees. This breaks the previous record

high temperature of 98 degrees set back in 1954.

This was also the 2nd earliest day that the temperature at Wichita

Falls warmed to the century mark... with the earliest occurrence on

March 27th 1971. The temperature that day also reached 100 degrees.

The warmest temperature on record for April is 102 degrees. This has

occurred twice... once on April 12th 1972 and then again on April

15th 2006.

Meh-- it's not really a torch unless it hits 90.

Let Montauk keep the 50 -- no one wants that crap. Fortunately here in western long island, we're closer to the city. Looks like that map has this area around 70.

Hopefully Western Central Suffolk near Islip gets much warmer than Montauk and I will be happy even if it gets well into the 60's to near 70 F and in fact still closer to the city than to Montauk. Unfortunately the maps has this area between 55-60 F.

Who wants heat in April when pools and beaches aren't open? Save the 80-90+ for May and beyond as far as I'm concerned. I'll be satisfied with 60s and 70s. Even 50s with sun is beautiful at this time of year.

It does get the green going though. That's not bad.

Though the Dogwoods better hold off on full bloom in Trenton til the beginning of May...

I am having fears that the warm front hangs across SW portions of the NYC area on Monday with Manhattan and Staten Island near 80 with partly sunny skies and SW winds on Monday while eastern Queens, Booklyn and Long Island are in the upper 40's with low clouds, drizzle and ESE winds being on wrong side of front. Could be a 40 degee difference between Islip and Newark on Monday. The frigid ocean and cool response from North Atlantic will make for an agonizing Monday on LI, while it is summer from Manhattan on west. Saturday looks ok with some sun and temps near 50-55. Sunday looks cloudy and drizzly with warm front approaching and hanging up just west of NYC with 40-45 degree temps and E winds. We are getting punished this year, for what last year forgot to do to us. New England can probably forget about 70 for another 6 weeks with pattern and frigid ocean temps this go around and very cold air stuck in SE canada for awhile.

Thats far from a torch, that would mean much cooler for LI

ECM was never showing a torch for the city of New York.. It was showing a persistent onshore flow which kept temps at NYC around 70 and then inland from NYC it was warmer in the 70s.. LI especially eastern looks to be in the 50-60 range ... Overall though this run aside from monday even inland is actually cooler then the previous run was...

Archived