Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
April 4-6 Severe Weather

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda worried that no reports have come out from areas just west of Asheville...that line looks nasty on radar. They just issued a warning for my area, storms moving 65 mph. Level 3 radar shows that nasty wind right over Downtown Asheville as we speak.

I west of Asheville. The scanner is wall to wall reports of trees and power lines down. A couple of houses have been struck. I've got a lot of it on my digital recorder and am working my way through it now.

looks like the line is starting to get its act together, even though its crossing the mtns. From NE TN southward its almost a constant line, which is impressive. Makes me wonder how its going to be coming east of the mountains.The winds are ferocious in the last hour. With the storm window up , the south wind howls as it comes through the screen.

looks like the line is starting to get its act together, even though its crossing the mtns. From NE TN southward its almost a constant line, which is impressive. Makes me wonder how its going to be coming east of the mountains.The winds are ferocious in the last hour. With the storm window up , the south wind howls as it comes through the screen.

I think we might be in trouble down here around dawn, winds have gone from SW to S and have been gusting to 30+ pretty constantly and the temp/dp is 70/61.

The question is how long does it take to get here I was thinking earlier that we wouldnt get into it till 8-12 am Tues but now I am not so sure that line is hauling east at a pretty remarkable rate.

Tornado warning just southeast of Asheville:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

SOUTHEASTERN BUNCOMBE COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

NORTHEASTERN HENDERSON COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

SOUTHERN MCDOWELL COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

NORTHERN RUTHERFORD COUNTY IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 1230 AM EDT

* AT 1147 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR BAT CAVE...

OR 13 MILES NORTHEAST OF HENDERSONVILLE...MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

* OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO LAKE

LURE...SUGAR HILL...THERMAL CITY...FERO...GLENWOOD AND DYSARTSVILLE

About as windy now as its been all day. Winds have backed a little going back and forth from ssw to s @ 18 gust to 31. Line looks like its strengthening a little now as it moves into the foothills. Tornado Warning for Buncomb, Henderson, McDowell, and Rutherfordton Counties in NC.

Just heard from one of the delivery workers at the McDowell News that there is wind damage across the Western part of McDowell County over the past hour. I started getting intense lightning, wind swept rain and hail right at midnight. I had already turned the computer off and went to bed when my cell phone buzzed. If I hear of any more reports, I'll definitely pass them along...now gonna try to get some sleep, got to work at the school tomorrow.

Just issued a tornado warning for NW Cleveland County, my home county. The upper end is where the elevation changes quickly and is a hotbed of severe wx. This will probably make trouble near Lincolnton to Hickory soon.

Couplet still there gonna have to extend this warning further east it looks like these things are really moving too.....

It won't take too much intensification to occur with the part of the line northwest of the Boiling Springs in Spartanburg county for very rough action here along the southern portions of Cleveland and Gaston county. It has an impressive VIL amount of 40 kg/m² and could spell for a lot of trouble down the road here if it holds and potential to produce hail around 1.5" in diameter! One of the strongest I've seen developed.

Couplet still there gonna have to extend this warning further east it looks like these things are really moving too.....

just went outside and looked northwest to view the lightning.The winds are the best in a long time, probably had a gust to 50, and its still partly cloudy here. Debris flying everywhere.

It won't take too much intensification to occur with the part of the line northwest of the Boiling Springs in Spartanburg county for very rough action here along the southern portions of Cleveland and Gaston county. It has an impressive VIL amount of 40 kg/m² and could spell for a lot of trouble down the road here if it holds and potential to produce hail around 1.5" in diameter! One of the strongest I've seen developed.

i've got my eye on that one. The cells are now orienting nw to se, and thats a very bad sign. Will help spin up some rotation in some of the cells heading right for us.

THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR TORNADO WATCH 98 CONTINUES.

...TORNADO AND DAMAGING WIND THREATS CONTINUE...

VWPS FROM JGX/EOX HAVE SHOWN A STEADY INCREASE IN 0-3KM FLOW WITH

50+ KTS JUST ABOVE A HALF KILOMETER. THIS HAS RESULTED IN LARGE

LOOPING HODOGRAPHS AND GIVEN OVER 60 KTS OF EFFECTIVE VERTICAL

SHEAR...SUPERCELLS WILL REMAIN POSSIBLE. THIS WILL ESPECIALLY BE

TRUE AS DISCRETE UPDRAFTS FORM IMMEDIATELY AHEAD OF THE SQUALL LINE

AND MERGE. BUT...SUSTAINED ROTATING STORMS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE WITHIN

THE LINE ITSELF...ALTERNATING BETWEEN BOWS AND ROTATING COMMA HEADS

WITH ATTENDANT DAMAGING WIND AND TORNADO RISKS.

FAIRLY SUBSTANTIAL LOW-LEVEL MOISTURE SURGE HAS BEEN NOTED SINCE 00Z

ACROSS A LARGE PORTION OF THE TORNADO WATCH /AND FARTHER E IN THE

CAROLINAS/...SO THE AIR MASS WILL REMAIN SUFFICIENTLY BUOYANT TO

SUPPORT A SQUALL LINE WELL EWD INTO CAROLINAS...SERN GA AND AT LEAST

THE CNTRL FL PNHDL THROUGH 09Z.

AS THE NRN FRINGES OF THE SQUALL LINE MOVE OFF THE HIGHER TERRAIN IN

NE GA AND UPSTATE SC...ANOTHER WW WILL BE LIKELY ACROSS THE SC

MIDLANDS SOON.

Archived