joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 4-6 Severe Weather

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fixed this graphic :)

I thought about your area when I saw the map. I said: "This has "Eyewall" written all over it." :lmao: Strange how it's just that area that was skipped. I think Burger will need to add another triangle; this time over your house haha. Thanks for the feedback on my video btw. :)

I thought about your area when I saw the map. I said: "This has "Eyewall" written all over it." :lmao: Strange how it's just that area that was skipped. I think Burger will need to add another triangle; this time over your house haha. Thanks for the feedback on my video btw. :)

Yeah for sure LOL. What is worse is of course it is a long wait until the next chance. Nothing but boredom for awhile now.

LOL I am right in the hole in the blue (at the west edge of it anyway in Moore County in central NC). That looks about right.

Damn, that sucks dude. Sounds like you had some of my luck.

Up over 1300 reports now...you know it is impressive if you can barely make out the shape of the states.

Damn, that sucks dude. Sounds like you had some of my luck.

Up over 1300 reports now...you know it is impressive if you can barely make out the shape of the states.

Yeah especially with such a widespread event. This is why I am not an optimist most of the time :).

Yeah especially with such a widespread event. This is why I am not an optimist most of the time :).

Yeah, I know it has to be frustrating as hell..especially since you are such a severe weather buff, who is an enjoyment to follow. It's always dissappointing when one of my favorite posters gets the shaft.

Yeah, I know it has to be frustrating as hell..especially since you are such a severe weather buff, who is an enjoyment to follow. It's always dissappointing when one of my favorite posters gets the shaft.

I appreciate that. We shall see what happens down the road. I want one decent shot before we go to summertime pulse activity.

This is certainly a memorable event for not only the widespread nature, but also the higer end wind gusts associated with the convective line. Imagine had the line moved through during the more unstable afternoon hours, or a few weeks later when the trees would have been in full leaf. From a broadcast perspective, this was the first time my ENTIRE viewing area was under a warning at the same time...sort of made things a bit easier from a coverage perspective.

I appreciate that. We shall see what happens down the road. I want one decent shot before we go to summertime pulse activity.

It will happen May is gonna be our month......and even into June the fronts can get in here enough to make for epic days........then July and Aug its chasing the slow moving 50k ft monsters hoping to get that spinup on the sea breeze or catch one that sends highway construction barrels flying past your car :thumbsup:

I dont know what I am gonna do if I have to go through another July/Aug like last year with 5000 Scape, 4500Mcape and 20-30 knts shear and NO FRIGGEN STORMS FIRING EVER........................................

Wow what a storm this was!!Yet I am shocked that I slept through the whole thing.My daughter woke up last night and said it looked like a hurricane with the rain and wind.No storm damage for myself which I find shocking since I do have alot of trees in the back of the house.Glad everyone is safe and love the pictures ya'll are posting.

Found out last night that my Aunt and Uncle's lake house down on Lake Sinclair is flat. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I hope to have pictures by Thursday to post. Neighbors called after they went down yesterday to survey damage. They said there are so many trees down you can not even get to the house except to climb over the trees to get a look at it.

Amazing line of storms with such widespread damage.

That is an awesome photo!!! Guess last night would have been a good time to try and photograph some lightning....How could you miss :lmao:

Definitely! Such a crazy storm.

Truly awesome! Did he take it?

I think he did. Actually, the pic was definitely taken in one of the units of my building. It was taken on the south side of the building, facing the Bank of America building (which was channeling the lightning bolt). I live on the north side. Goes to show that lightning does indeed tend to strike the tallest conduit! :)

It will happen May is gonna be our month......and even into June the fronts can get in here enough to make for epic days........then July and Aug its chasing the slow moving 50k ft monsters hoping to get that spinup on the sea breeze or catch one that sends highway construction barrels flying past your car :thumbsup:

I dont know what I am gonna do if I have to go through another July/Aug like last year with 5000 Scape, 4500Mcape and 20-30 knts shear and NO FRIGGEN STORMS FIRING EVER........................................

The only problem with July/Aug is no shear for storm organization. They are pulse severe so you have to nail them in that 10 minute window (As I did with the construction barrel as that was luck I got there at the right moment for that downburst).

Archived