amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Tulip Trouncer Threat - End of March/ Early April

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winter pretty much ended here on groundhogs day with a slow, rotting, brown snowpack taking a month to melt.

Here in CT I still give the winter an A because we had a top 2 or 3 winter crammed into 6 weeks. That's incredible.

I give it an A- for the aforementioned. If we had a half-decent February, it definitely would have gotten an A maybe even an A+. Then again, I personally have about 20" less than a lot of places around CT for the season.

I give it an A- for the aforementioned. If we had a half-decent February, it definitely would have gotten an A maybe even an A+. Then again, I personally have about 20" less than a lot of places around CT for the season.

I know this went back a couple pages while I was eating dinner, but I'd ask for people to put the winter grading in this thread:

Even though it can mildly be related to "storm or no storm" with this current threat. Also I know its after 18z so its the "Dead period", but it would keep the threads easier to read.

1-2 ft? more building collapses than all the snow this winter put together LOL, are you serious, no I am actually just posting about what a beautiful day it is, and how it was warmer than forecast. But I guess I could sit around and make moronic posts how we are going to get 1-2 ft of snow, and how buildings are going to collapse, I guess each to there own?

lol.

It would be a crime against metorological humanity for this winter to go out this meekly, so my call is for a solid 6-12" event across lower elevations, outside of far se MA and cc....and around 1' of more for sports near 800' and up.

WOW 6 days out? Good luck Ray, if its going to snow I will be all over it if and when it appears a lock, impressive and ballsy call.........best of luck.:thumbsup::snowman:

Who cares lol

Not me, but at five days it's not that much less relevant and is somewhat along the lines of the ukmet in being way inside. On the far outside we have the bm models.....have to think will is right that there's a greater chance of rain than a miss.

That said I'm going 1-3' with isolated higher lollies in the normally favored spots like Springfield and fall river.

Not me, but at five days it's not that much less relevant and is somewhat along the lines of the ukmet in being way inside. On the far outside we have the bm models.....have to think will is right that there's a greater chance of rain than a miss.

That said I'm going 1-3' with isolated higher lollies in the normally favored spots like Springfield and fall river.

Way too conservative.

And Groton

Are you even top 10 or top 5?

Some of the panels are weenielicious, some are meh, and some are chair tippers

Nope...if this storm pans out, it could get us into the top 10, but it would need to be over 6" of snow.

That's certainly possible, even in a less amplified setup...but I'm starting to feel this storm will blow up into something big and we'll have to hope its not too far W.

Nope...if this storm pans out, it could get us into the top 10, but it would need to be over 6" of snow.

That's certainly possible, even in a less amplified setup...but I'm starting to feel this storm will blow up into something big and we'll have to hope its not too far W.

Will, does the timing still look like Thursday night/Fri AM? any significant spread in model timing?

Well, one thing I have learned is to not hang my hat on anything this year.

But it is good to hear you say that. Would be neat to have me fall 1 day short of my Wachusett goal because I could not get to the mountain

Archived